OverviewThis particular tour features glimpses of the Old and New of Bahrain. The tour is mainly designed for short staytravelers.Visit the Bahrain Fort,Bahrain Fort Museum,Royal Camel Farm andKing Fahad Causeway in 4 hours.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourGuests will be met by your English speaking guide in the hotel lobby at either 09.00 or 14.00 and proceed for a 4-hour sightseeing tour. First up visit theBahrain Fort.Thought to be once the centre of power for the ancientDilmun civilization, Qal'at Al Bahrain (Bahrain Fort) has UNESCO WorldHeritage status. The Bahrain Fort occupies a strategic military positionwhere the navigation movement could be watched. Excavations haverevealed ancient soldier's barracks, horse stables, an ammunition depot,a secret passageway, ceramic utensils and Islamic and Chinese currencycoins. Next up you will go to theBahrain Fort Museum.Open to the public since 2008, the site museumdisplay area consists of 5 exhibition halls organized around a massiveWall. With 500 artefacts showcased, the long settlement history ofthe site is evoked to the unique backdrop of the wall, which recreatesthe different archaeological layers uncovered at the site.
Moving on, you willvisitthe Royal Camel Farm.This farm was owned by His Highness Late SheikhMohamed Bin Salman Al Khalifa, the uncle of the Kingof Bahrain. There are more than 500 camels in this farm. Have yourcamera ready to pose with the camels, as they are very friendly. The final stop will be atKing Fahad Causeway that opened in 1986. This remarkable 25km feat ofengineering links Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. It is one of the mostexpensive bridges in the world. The causeway traverses Umm Al NasanIsland, which is a sanctuary for wildlife, and at the halfway point thereis a facility area, including a tower restaurant, which you can visit evenif you don't travel the whole distance to Saudi Arabia.
You will then be returned to your hotel in Manama.
Inclusions for Old And New Sites Of Bahrain
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Old And New Sites Of Bahrain
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.