OverviewBeijingâs dinner time cuisine is so much more than the crowded tourist markets featuring bugs and mystery meat on sticks! Join this small group food tour as you explore delicious, traditional dishes shoulder-to-shoulder with Beijingers in a traditional Hutong neighborhood. Youâll meet your bilingual guide and small group at a convenient location, then head out to try traditional dishes that Chinese chefs have been perfecting for thousands of years.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
- Family friendly
- Dinner included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
The dinner tour is a celebration of Lao Beijing (Old Beijing) – so expect the intense flavors and powerful dishes that have been fueling these northerners through frigid winters and sizzling summers for millennia.
Over the course of 3 hours, you’ll enjoy more than 15 tastings at three seated stops. You’ll start with an edible history lesson, learning about Genghis Khan while dip-cooking meat and vegetables at the Mongolian-style hotpot that his army of fierce warriors invented. You’ll pair that with baijiu, the world’s most consumed spirit, and local beer, as well as hand-stuffed boiled dumplings and the city’s famed ‘sauced meat’ – a delectable local snack passed down through the ages.
Just through the hutong, you’ll sample grilled kebabs made by a displaced Chinese Muslim population from the country’s far northwest. You’ll also sink your teeth into the city’s can’t-miss street food: jianbing (Chinese crepe), local donkey burgers and jarred yogurt, before finishing up at a patriotic family-run chicken wing joint that does Beijingers proud.
The big, bold flavors of Northeast China combined with the historic imperial cuisine and humble fare of the capital’s many migrants are what makes Beijing’s dining scene unique. Steer clear of the crowded tourist markets featuring bugs and mystery meat – it’s best to get off the busy thoroughfares and into the hutong (alleyways) to explore the best food in town, and that's exactly where you eat on this tour.
Inclusions for Old Beijing Dinner Food Tour
- Bottled water
- Soft drinks & local alcoholic beverages
- Guide fee
- Post-tour welcome packet with helpful restaurant recommendations, local travel tips & so much more to help make your stay in Beijing easy & fun
Exclusions for Old Beijing Dinner Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.