OverviewDhaka in a highly populated capital city of Bangladesh with perpetual motions, colorful roads with rickshaws, street food and overcrowded public transportation. However, the city is continuing its historical background along with modern lifestyle. This day tour will show you most of the historical positions of the previous city that are covered in travel guides, lifestyle in an over populated urban center, and British establishments of early 19th century that are still flowing high and variety of street food. Whether you are a foodie, life explorer, adventurer or history lover, you will find something you are looking for during this journey!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourReceive a morning pickup from your Dhaka hotel between 8:00 am to 9:00 am. You will then make the day’s first stop at the Dhaka Parliament House, a massive structure designed by American architect Louis Kahn.
Later in the morning between 9:30 am to 11:30 am you’ll move towards Dhaka University to see Dhakeswari Temple. This state-owned Hindu religious site is considered the spiritual heart of the Hindu community in Bangladeshi capital. You’ll also get a quick look at the National Museum. Continue from there to Star Mosque, a beautiful Islamic site adorned with stars, and admire an Armenian Orthodox Church.
You’ll then take a break for a lunch of authentic local Dhaka cuisine before proceeding to visit Lalbag Fort and to see the intricate architecture of Ahsan Manzil. Head next to Sadarghat, Dhaka’s busy port area. If time permits, you’ll take a boat ride from here to explore daily life for Dhaka residents along the river banks.
During Dhaka’s annual Ramadan observance, the tour continues to the jam-packed street food market that sets up shop just before the sunset and quickly vanishes after sundown. If it is not the month of Ramadan, you may instead visit Banga Bazaar, known to locals as “the cheapest market in the world.” At the bazaar you can also check out Nilkhet book market or enjoy a horse cart ride. At the end of the day, you’ll receive a drop-off back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Old Dhaka Discovery In Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Dhaka
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation cost of rickshaw and boat as per itinerary
- Lunch in local restaurant with traditional food.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Old Dhaka Discovery In Day Tour
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.