Old Jerusalem Day Trip From Tel Aviv
OverviewExperience the ancient religious force of Old Jerusalem on this full-day tour from Tel Aviv. Travel by coach to the 3,000-year-old city to view its hallowed Christian and Jewish sites with an expert guide, and see the Mount of Olives, Garden of Gethsemane and Last Supper Room, where Jesus is said to have dined with his disciples. Then, enter the Old City to marvel at the Western Wall, walk the Via Dolorosa (no. 5-14) and visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. A bit of retail therapy at the Old Citys marketplace completes your day.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourLeave your centrally located Tel Aviv hotel in an air-conditioned coach for the approximate 90-minute journey to Jerusalem, Israel's ancient capital and a spiritual center for Christians, Jews and Muslims.
On arrival, visit the Mount of Olives for panoramic views over Old Jerusalem. Then, drive along the Kidron Valley to see the Garden of Gethsemane, Church of All Nations and the ancient Jewish cemetery. Watch too for the Dormition Abbey, said to mark where the Virgin Mary died.
Next, visit the Last Supper Room on Mount Zion, traditionally considered by Christians to stand where Jesus held his last supper. Afterward, head down to the lower story to view the velvet-draped Tomb of King David, where Jews pray in homage to Israels famous king.
At the Old City, enter on foot through the Zion Gate, and pass the Armenian Church of St James en route to the Byzantine Cardo, the citys main street during Roman times. Then, cross into the Jewish Quarter to see the Western Wall aka the Wailing Wall a holy site where Jewish pilgrims press prayer notes between the stones.
Continue to the Christian Quarter to walk the fabled crucifixion route, the Via Dolorosa (no. 5-14). See the Stations of the Cross and visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, believed to mark the place of Jesus crucifixion. Inside, admire the awe-inspiring dome and see the Stone of Anointment, where his body is said to have laid before burial.
End your tour at the Old Citys marketplace to snap up souvenirs of your day. Then, enjoy a drive back to Tel Aviv and a convenient drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Old Jerusalem Day Trip From Tel Aviv
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Old Jerusalem Day Trip From Tel Aviv
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.