Old Jerusalem Full-Day Tour
OverviewImmerse yourself in the hallowed sites of Old Jerusalem on this full-day tour of the Old City. Rewind 2,000 years and more and see some of the worlds holiest places close-up, from the Western Wall (Wailing Wall), to the Via Dolorosa (no. 5-14) and magical Church of the Holy Sepulchre, said to stand on the spot of Jesus crucifixion. Your sightseeing net also takes in the Mount of Olives, Garden of Gethsemane and the Last Supper Room on Mount Zion. Time to trawl the stalls at the Old City marketplace provides the finishing touch.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourLeave your centrally located Jerusalem hotel in an air-conditioned coach and head for the Mount of Olives. Here, witness the panoramic views over the 3,000-year-old Old City before driving along the Kidron Valley to see the Garden of Gethsemane, Church of All Nations and the ancient Jewish cemetery. Watch too for the Dormition Abbey, believed to mark where the Virgin Mary ascended to heaven.
Next, visit the Last Supper Room, on the upper story of a building on Mount Zion, and held by Christians to stand on the site of Jesus Last Supper. Then, visit the ground floor to view the Tomb of King David, where a velvet-draped cenotaph honors Israels famous king.
Continue into the Old City through the Zion Gate, and walk to the Byzantine Cardo, the main street during Roman times, now restored and partially occupied by modern shops. As you walk, pass the Armenian Church of St James and afterwards, head for the Jewish Quarter. Here, view the Western Wall, known as the Wailing Wall, site of the ancient temple where Jewish pilgrims press prayer notes between the stones.
Enter the Christian Quarter and follow the Via Dolorosa (no. 5-14), the Way of the Cross. See the Stations of the Cross and look inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, said to mark the place of Jesus crucifixion. Gaze at the spectacular dome and Stone of Anointment, where Jesus body is said to have laid before burial.
To finish, enjoy some time to browse and buy souvenirs at the Old Citys colorful marketplace. Your tour then ends with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Old Jerusalem Full-Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Old Jerusalem Full-Day Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Negev Private Day Tour From Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Half Day Tour: Dome of the Rock and Western Wall
- Jerusalem Walking Tour: In the Footsteps of Jesus
- Palm Sunday in Jerusalem: Mass at Bethpage and Via Dolorosa Procession
- Hebron Day Trip from Jerusalem: Israeli-Palestinian Sites
- Jerusalem Super Saver: Jerusalem and the Dead Sea Day Tour plus In the Footsteps of Jesus Walking Tour