Old Meets New Land Tour - AmsterdamWrite a Review
On this tour, you will see a completely different side of Amsterdam. You will visit the old quaint villages and get in touch with charming countryside which offers you a perfect escape from the usual hustle bustle of the city.
Know More about this tour
This tour has it all!
Leaving Amsterdam, this tour will take us through typical Dutch scenery marked by windmills, little canals and neat villages.
We are on our way to the old cities on the borders of the former Zuiderzee. There you will learn everything about the rich heritage of the 17th century. The Golden Age was born when Dutch sea heros sailed the seas and brought tremendous wealth to the new Republic of the Netherlands. We will look out for remains of those days in cities like Edam and Enkhuizen.
We continue our tour on a spectacular route. We will drive on a 30km/19mls man made dike across the IJsselmeer. Often the views are breathtaking and you can observe bird migrations here. On our way from old into new land I will show you how the Dutch protect themselves against the water. Once in Flevoland, the new reclaimed province, we will experience being 5 meters below sea level. We will see the Oostvaardersplassen, a birds paradise, and Almere, the youngest and fastest growing city of the Netherlands.
Due to weather or traffic conditions the dyke from Enkhuizen to Lelystad may be closed. If this is the case we will alternatively visit the Enclosure Dam and the World Heritage Beemster polder in stead of the new Flevopolder.
Inclusions for Old Meets New Land Tour
- Private tour guide during the tour.
- Free pick up and drop off in Amsterdam (incl cruise ship terminal)
- Guided walking tour
- Private transportation in an a/c car
- Entrance fees
- Transportation Method: spacious, modern and a/c rental car or mini van (e.g. Mercedes Vito) and walking.
Exclusions for Old Meets New Land Tour
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, meals and beverages).
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.