OverviewGet a taste for the flavor and culture of Puerto Rico on this 3-hour, small-group Old San Juan food tour featuring several local eateries. Join your guide for a culinary exploration of island staples like plantains and sofrito, all with the cobblestone streets and colorful facades of the city’s oldest neighborhood as your backdrop. Your tour also includes a complimentary alcoholic beverage.
- Led by a local guide
- Free snacks included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
Taste the local cuisine on a food tour of Old San Juan! Grab a bite of Puerto Rico’s rich culinary history on this small-group tour amidst one of the island’s most beautiful and historic neighborhoods, Old San Juan. This Puerto Rico food tour offers an intimate introduction to the dishes and flavors that make the country’s cooking so unique.
Start your day at either 10am or 3pm from a central meeting point in the atmospheric neighborhood of Old San Juan. As you proceed on foot to your first tasting, immerse yourself in the area’s breathtaking French and Spanish architecture, some of which is more than 500 years old, listening as your guide explains the history of the location. After arriving at your first tasting stop, have a few delicious bites and learn about the diverse culinary influences, including Spanish, African and indigenous cuisines, that give Puerto Rican food its distinctive flavor. During your excursion you’ll sample sofrito, a delicious sauce often used as a base for other Puerto Rican dishes, and learn how to make mofongo, a local staple dish made with fried plantains. Top that off with rice and beans, Puerto Rican rum, and enjoy something extra sweet for dessert. Finish your gastronomic adventure with our handy guidebook and map, plus the knowledge and know-how to explore the colorful colonial architecture of Old San Juan.
Inclusions for Old San Juan Food Tour
- Up to five tasting locations
- One alcoholic beverage
- Local guide
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Old San Juan Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
IMPORTANT: You must advise of any food allergies and dietary restrictions in the special requirements field at time of booking.
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing and shoes
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking. If you don't eat eggs and/or milk products, please provide those details as well.
Maximum number of passengers is 12 per tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.