Old Shanghai Breakfast Food Tour With Temple Visit
OverviewThis is Shanghai's most authentic culinary experience! This walking tour will take you through small streets and old nongtang communities while visiting over 6 eateries & street stalls and trying at least 10 authentic dishes like, vegetarian noodles in a temple, dumplings prepared fresh and sip some homemade herbal alcohol. Each stop are small, family-run restaurants that prepare their food by hand and serve it fresh, just like they have for generations. The tour ends at Xiahai Temple, entrance is included with your tour! Small group tour with a maximum of 10 per booking.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Breakfast included
Know More about this tourMeet your English-speaking guide at an easy-to-find central location then walk and explore the quaint neighborhoods and streets of Shanghai.Try the best local food in the city at places where only locals go that are truly off the beaten path. Enjoy yourself in a family-run, tourist-free restaurant that you can discover on your own. This tour focus on the old part of Shanghai away from the downtown and French Concession areas whereto can experience the real Shanghai!
While visiting over 5 food stops, learn about the families that have been making their specialties for generations and learn about the foods that locals love and why they became so popular as each dish, restaurant and neighborhood through this guided tour.
Start by visiting a noodle shop connected to a temple that specializes in serving tasty, vegetarian noodles for monks and Buddhists. Then walk through pedestrian streets and lanes that come alive with fresh, handmade (and safe) street food only served during the morning. Watch Chinas most popular breakfast items prepared before eating them including fried beef pancakes, jianbing (savory Chinese crepes), and youtiao (Chinese doughnut sticks). Visit a local wet market to see locals bargaining and buying fresh produce, meat, and seafood and see whats in season. Walk through some of Shanghais oldest residential communities to see how locals live their lives every day and learn about this interesting and historic area from your local guide (and new friend!) to get a feel for how locals have lived their lives in Shanghai for generations. End your morning by exploring a local temple, tickets included with your tour.
Inclusions for Old Shanghai Breakfast Food Tour With Temple Visit
- Unlimited food and drinks
- Over 5 food & drink stops
- Local English-speaking guide
- Small-group tour (max 10 people)
- Entrance fee to Xiahai Temple
Exclusions for Old Shanghai Breakfast Food Tour With Temple Visit
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
Please dress comfortably for the weather
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum 2 travelers per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Walking Tour in Shanghai's Former French Concession
- Muslim Street Market Food Tour and Shanghai Jade Buddha Temple Discovery
- Old Shanghai Discovery Walking Tour with Tea Tasting at Confucius Temple
- Three-Colored Soup Dumplings Cooking Class in Shanghai
- 12-Day Small Group Tour: Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Yangtze Cruise - Shanghai
- Old Shanghai City Walking Tour
- Small Group Day Tour to Suzhou with Tongli Water Town from Shanghai
- 2 Days Private Shanghai City Tour-No Shopping Stops