Old Shanghai Discovery Walking Tour With Tea Tasting At Confucius Temple
OverviewShanghai has a rich and proud history, growing from a small fishing village in the 5th century to the massive city that it is today. During this small group walking tour, you will be able to see the Peoples Square and parkand discover how parks play a major part in modern Chinese culture. Then stand on the only remaining section of Shanghai's Ancient City Wall one of the citys major defenses for 2000 years. Wander the back streets to Shanghai's Confucius temple where you will participate in a Confucius tea ceremony learning about art of tea in China and the beliefs in tea culture. In addition, visit the Yu Garden, one of the most popular tourist destinations.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your tour guide at Exit 9 of Peoples Square Metro Station, you be taken to Shanghai Peoples Park and learn about its short but interesting history while discovering how locals pass the time by coming to the park. You may even be lucky enough to experience one of Shanghai's most unusual events - the Shanghai Marriage Market. It happens regularly at Peoples Park.
Walk to Shanghai's only remaining section of its City Wall, the cities strongest defense for over 2000 years. After finishing at the City Wall, you will be taken along the back streets to the Confucius Temple where you will be able to experience the art of Chinese Tea and the Confucian beliefs of tea.
Continue your tour to the City Gods Temple where you will be able to visit the shrines of the Gods that protect China and learn the interesting stories behind them.
Your tour will finish at the Yu Yuan Gardens Bazaar and its famousHuxinting Teahouse. Your Tour Guide will be able to then recommend where to get the best Xiao Long Bao (soup dumplings) in Shanghai or the closest Starbucks.
Inclusions for Old Shanghai Discovery Walking Tour With Tea Tasting At Confucius Temple
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Chinese Tea Tasting
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Old Shanghai Discovery Walking Tour With Tea Tasting At Confucius Temple
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Exploring the Former French Concession of Shanghai
- Hangzhou Xixi Dragon Boat Festival Day Trip
- Small Group Walking Tour in Shanghai's Former French Concession
- Muslim Street Market Food Tour and Shanghai Jade Buddha Temple Discovery
- Three-Colored Soup Dumplings Cooking Class in Shanghai
- 12-Day Small Group Tour: Shanghai - Beijing - Xian - Yangtze Cruise - Shanghai
- Old Shanghai City Walking Tour