Old Town London Bike Tour
OverviewThis tour explores the culturally rich East side of the city, where youll find the Globe Theatre - old haunt of William Shakespeare - as well as a mouth-watering selection of local produce and street food at Borough Market. After traversing the old Dockyards and taking a quick stop at a riverside pub, take a moment to appreciate the architecture of Londons financial district before heading back along the path less trodden.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Your tour focuses its attention on the east of the city, heading out towards the old docklands and back through London town. This carefully chosen route gives you a local's knowledge of Londons power house. Your journey starts with a ride to the old Bankside power station, now home to Tate Modern Art Gallery. A few doors down from there is the New Globe Theatre, a beautiful, curvaceous replica of an Elizabethan theatre made famous by William Shakespeare.
Next youll be taken to Borough Market, one of Londons largest and oldest food markets, offering a selection of the city's best street food and fresh local produce.Then, provided there are no ships passing through, youll be off to cross the picture-postcard Tower Bridge, all the while taking in the spectacular London skyline with its newly iconic skyscrapers (the Gherkin, the Walkie Talkie and the Cheesegrater among them).
From there, it's a ride along the river to the old Dockyards, an atmospheric maze of warehouses and alleyways, including a quick stop at Captain Kidd, a waterside pub.
Starting to head back west to what used to be less affluent industrial land, you'll see how the area has been transformed into a destination for young designers and their businesses.Then it's to the Square Mile, Londons financial district. Passing through a bedrock of institutions such as Lloyds of London, the Royal Exchange and Mansion House - each of them a delight for architecture enthusiasts.
Last stop is Sir Christopher Wren's unrivalled masterpiece, St Paul's Cathedral. Your guide will then lead you back to the Wharf along Carter Lane one of the cities beautiful hidden secrets.
Inclusions for Old Town London Bike Tour
- Cycle hire
- Bike tour
Exclusions for Old Town London Bike Tour
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Minimum age is 10 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Independent Layover Tour to Windsor from London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport
- Paranormal Activity Investigation Walking Tour in London
- Private Guided Tour of Residential London
- Small-Group Day Trip to Stonehenge, Bath and Windsor from London
- Arrival or Departure Private Transfer: London Heathrow Airport to Bath
- Private Tour: Stonehenge Tour from London in a Chauffeured Range Rover