OverviewThis walking city tour of the Old Town of Kotor gives you a great introduction to this UNESCO World Heritage Site. If you are staying in Kotor for couple of hours only, it is providing a wealth of information in a short period of time. If you are staying several days in Kotor, Perast, Tivat, Herceg Novi or other places around the Boka Bay, it is a good starting point in your exploration of the region. Explore Kotor city with local guides and learn about its history, architecture, culture and cuisine.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourKotor is situated in the most secluded part of Boka Kotorska (The Bay of Kotor). While it dates from the Illyrian period, Kotor developed into an important commercial and artistic center in the Middle Ages. Many empires battled for control over the city throughout the centuries: from being an autonomous city of the Byzantine Empire, free city of medieval Serbia, then under Venetian or Hungarian states, gaining independence and then returned to Venetian control once again, just to be occupied by France and then Austria, until Kotor finally became part of Yugoslavia.
Kotor tour begins at the main gate of the Old Town, also known as the Sea Gate (Morska vrata), where you will meet our guide. The tour will take you inside the city gates, and you will visit:
- The Square of Arms
- Clock Tower
- Flour Square with Pima and Buca palaces
- St Tryphon Cathedral with short guided tour of the Cathedral
- The Bokelian Navy Square with Karampana
- The St Luke Square with St Luke and St Nikola churches
- St Mary of the River (The Blessed Ozana)
- Northern Gate with Skurda river
Inclusions for Old Town Of Kotor Walking Tour
- Guiding services
- Entrance to the Old Town of Kotor
- Entrance to the Cathedral
Exclusions for Old Town Of Kotor Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to the Naval Museum or City Wall
- Hotel pick ups and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is an easy city walking tour (although the streets are made of cobblestones so the comfortable footwear is advised).
Child rate applies when sharing with 1 paying adults; children must be accompanied by an adult.
Minimum numbers (5 pax) apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered full refund or an alternative (to join a similar tour, the same tour on another date, to pay surcharge for private tour).
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- The Best Of Montenegro Coast
- Self-guided Cycling Tour Of The Bay Of Kotor
- Slow Food Tour And Fisherman Boat Trip Lake Skadar
- National Park Skadar Lake Private Tour From Kotor
- Perast And Kotor Shore Excursion
- Kotor Rivera Stand-Up-Paddling And Bike Adventure
- Lipa Cave Private Excursion From Kotor
- National Park Lovcen Private Tour
- Cetinje: Private Tour Of The Old Capital Of Montenegro