Old Town Tequila And Tortillas - San Diego
OverviewIndulge into the gluttonous delights of San Diego and experience the nature, history, food, and drink of this city with this tour. Choose from thousands of tequilas at an authentic tequileria and get the chance to taste some of the world’s best tequilas. Conclude your trip with a stroll down the Old Presidio Historic Trail to the “Birthplace of California”.
- Sample fresh, handmade tortillas from authentic tortilla makers
- Choose from thousands of tequilas at an authentic tequileria and get the chance to taste some of the world’s best tequilas
- Walk the Old Presidio Historic Trail to the “Birthplace of California”
- Explore the most historic neighbourhood of San Diego and gain unique insight into the region’s culture and Mexican influence.
Know More about this tour
Go beyond the typical trolley, boat, or waking tour and experience the nature, history, food, and drink of Old Town San diego! We’ll start our San Diego tour in the town centre, then, weather permitting, begin our hike up the Old Presidio Historic Trail to the site of the first-placed cross in the state, marking the “Birthplace of California.” Experience panoramic views of the city and the Pacific Ocean, with your guide pointing out features of the natural landscape and historical highlights along the trail. This trail is an adventure that many locals don’t even experience, so you’re going to be a true San Diego insider! Back down the hill and no doubt hungry from all that hiking, you’ll be treated to your first handmade tortilla. And what goes best with tortillas? Tequila, of course! You’ll have the opportunity to sample from a large selection of tequilas available at a unique outdoor bar. Learn about the wide variety of tequilas, and find out how to make your first tequila choice of the tour a great one. We’ll continue on to view one of the oldest haciendas in California, and then on to a stable and barn that houses some of the first stage coaches used in California. With your guide, you’ll wander through an open-air mercado loaded with local and imported crafts and artwork. Best of all, your guide will be able to help you differentiate the authentic from the imitation — no bad souvenirs on this tour! After your short shopping detour, you’ll take in more history, checking out the site of the first printing press in San Diego, and then, if it’s open, heading inside the oldest church in San Diego. You’ll also get a chance to view the city’s oldest brick building followed by a stroll through a landmark cemetery with graves dating back to the 1850s. Hungry again? Good, because we’ve got you covered with our next stop at a street-side tortilla stand. You’ll get to compare the corn tortilla to the flour — and we’ll leave it to you to debate which is best. Then, we’ll take a brief walk over to a local tequileria boasting a collection of thousands of bottles. Here, you will be treated to a taste of one of the best tequilas in the world. (This sample is included as part of your tour price, but if tequila scares you, you may instead choose a margarita, beer, or another beverage of your choice.) Lastly, we’ll stroll back through the historic neighbourhood to our final stop, one of San Diego’s landmark and best known Mexican restaurants. Here you will enjoy your fourth, and yes, fifth (are we full yet?!) tortilla tasting and, best of all, we’ll arrive just in time for happy hour! We’ll bid adios here, but feel free to linger and check out the huge collection of tequilas, enjoy a delicious margarita, and dig into some great Mexican food. Or, if you want to keep moving, you can continue shopping and exploring this great San Diego neighbourhood.
Note: Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
Inclusions for Old Town Tequila And Tortillas
- Local English-speaking guide
- 5 handmade tortillas
- Shot of tequila (or a margarita, beer, or soda of your choice)
Exclusions for Old Town Tequila And Tortillas
- Additional food or drink
- Personal shopping
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: San Diego Hotels to San Diego International Airport by Sedan
- Flyboard Lessons in San Diego
- Private Customizable Night Tour of San Diego
- San Diego Round-Trip Theme Park Transport: SeaWorld San Diego
- Viator Exclusive: Fighter Pilot Experience in San Diego
- San Diego Zoo with Transport from Anaheim