Olive Oil Genuine Experience In Small Groups - Barcelona
OverviewEnjoy a 4x4 ride over the Natural Park of Serra del Montsant, in Priorat area. Visit a small family-run millenary olive tree field and mill where you will discover the elaboration process and the many varieties, aromas and flavours of this golden liquid. Have a traditional Catalan brunch prepared with love and care by the owner and, in the afternoon, round off this day with a visit to one of the most spectaular sites in Catalonia, the beautiful medieval village of Siurana, located on a cliff with stunning views.
Know More about this tourWe will pick you up in central Barcelona at 8:00 am and drive south for 2 hours with our comfortable minivan.
You will arrive in Priorat area at around 10am, there you will meet a member of the family-run olive oil mill that will take you in a 4x4 vehicle around the Natural Park of Serra del Montsant, to admire the stunning views over the Priorat area, well known for its excellent wines but also for its great olive oil.
After enjoying the ride, you will visit the olive trees plantation and you will have the chance to feed the friendly donkeys. This is an organic farming olive mill, and only use natural fertilizers, no chemicals and follow the ancient traditional method of extra-virgin olive oil elaboration. After learning about the different types of olives and trees, you will visit the modern mill and learn about the whole process, from harvesting to oil extraction. And then, time for olive oil tasting!
You will be able to taste worldwide award-winning olive oils and become an expert, learning about how to use it, how to taste it and how to smell it. Following the tasting, you will have a brunch that consists of traditional dishes elaborated with much love and care by the owner herself.
Once brunch is finished, we'll take you to the next village to visit an ancient olive mill, also property of the same family and converted into a museum and shop where you can buy all range of local olive oil and other products, if you wish to.
From there, and to round off your visit in the area, we will take you to one of the most spectacular sites in the area and in Catalonia. Siurana, a tale village located in an unassailable position over the river were needed knights of four counties to conquer it. It was finally conquered to the Moors in 1153 and it was the last bastion of the reconquest of Catalunya. If you look over the cliff, you will guess why it was not conquered in three hundred years. There you can still find the footprint of the horseshoe that was left when the last Moorish Princess jumped over the cliff riding on the back of her horse.
After having a mid-afternoon drink and snack enjoying the amazing views around, we will head back to Barcelona at around 16:30pm. You will be dropped back at the city center by 18:30pm (depending on traffic conditions)
Inclusions for Olive Oil Genuine Experience In Small Groups
- 4x4 vehicle excursion
- Extra-virgin olive oil tasting
- Afternoon refreshments & snacks
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Admission ticket
Exclusions for Olive Oil Genuine Experience In Small Groups
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
We do not mix language groups, but, occasionally this tour may be operated by a multi-lingual guide (English, Spanish, Chinese)
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Talleres de Cocina Asitica
- Flamenco Show at Plaza de las Arenas in Barcelona
- Market to Table: Market Tour & Cooking Class
- Barcelona Romantic Sailing&Night Experience
- Casa Bacardi Sitges Admission Ticket
- Guided Tour at Barcelona's Royal Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Guided Tour at Catalonia's Royal Academy of Medicine
- Guided Tour at Requesens Palace