One Day Private Tour Of Old Streets In Chengdu Including Lunch
OverviewChengdu is a city with a long history. Not only it is famous for its adorable pandas, but also its flavorful cuisine. And among the old streets of Chengdu, three of them are particularly famous: Kuanzhai Alley, Jinli Street, and Wenshu Fang Street. These streets have different architecture styles presenting different genre of traditional Chinese buildings. On this private day tour, you will enjoy a full day of exploring nearby attractions of these streets and immerse yourself in historical Chengdu.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAt 9 o'clock in the morning, your private guide will meet you at your hotel lobby. Then, you will first visit Wenshu Fang Street. As soon as you walk into the street, you will see a temple gate of a thousand years old which is the most famous monastery in Chengdu: Wenshu Monastery. Explore the monastery before wandering into Wenshu Fang Street. Wenshu Fang Street is located in a renovated old block filling with zen atmosphere. If you would like to try local food, this is the best place to go. A small restaurant named Haozidong has been running their family business here for more than a half century that all of the staff here are members of this big family and they inherited most traditional methods to cook the most original and authentic taste of Sichuan cuisine. You will take a break at 11:30am for lunch to try famous Sichuan cuisine.
After lunch, around 1:30pm, you will visit Wuhou Temple and Jinli Street. Wuhou Temple is a memorial temple for Liubei, the king of Shu Kingdom during the Three Kingdoms Period of Chinese history, as well as for his followers which has beautiful Chinese writings, paintings, and gardening that can be found in the temple. Jinli Street is right next to the temple and full of classical Chinese characteristics. Imagine yourself entering the age of Three Kingdoms with knights, swords, and horses. You will also find a Starbucks here, of course, to satisfy your craving for caffeine. Later, at around 3:30 in the afternoon, you will continue to Kuanzhai Alley (Wide & Narrow Alley) which was build in 1718 by the Manchurian after they conquered most parts of China and established Qing Dynasty. Kuanzhai Alley was build for the officers and elites of Qing dynasty that introduced a different style of architecture to this place. After its renovation in 2008, the street became a more enjoyable place to experience the contrast of traditional and modern China. Afterwards, your guide and driver will send you back to your Chengdu hotel by 6pm or you could inquiry about Sichuan Opera show with your guide for arrangement.
Inclusions for One Day Private Tour Of Old Streets In Chengdu Including Lunch
- Fuel surcharge
- Admission ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for One Day Private Tour Of Old Streets In Chengdu Including Lunch
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip to Dujiangyan Irrigation System and Qingcheng Mountain from Chengdu
- Private Day Tour: Chengdu Panda and Leshan Buddha
- Private Tour: 2-Day Chengdu Tour with Pandas and Leshan Giant Buddha
- Chengdu Impressions Day Tour including the Sichuan Cuisine Museum and Giant Pandas
- Private Chengdu Experience Tour including Giant Pandas and the Sanxingdui Museum
- Private 4-Day Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong National Parks Tour from Chengdu