This full day of sightseeing begins with a7:15am pickup from any hotel in Tashkent. Travel to the railway station to catch an 8am, high-speed train departing for Samarkand. After arriving in Samarkand at 10:30am, the local tour guide and driver will be waiting upon arrival to introduce some of the most popular attractions in Samarkand.
Some of the attractions and points of interest to see include:
- Gur-Emir Mausoleum - The burial place of Amir Temur and his dynasty
- Registan Square (15th-17th century) Located in the heart of Samarkand, Register Square consists of three madrassahs: Madrassah Uughbek, MadrassahTillakari, and Madrassah Sherdar
- Bibi Khanum Mosque - Named in honor of the eldest wife of Great Timur (14th century)
- Shah-i-Zinda necropolis (12th-15th century) - The burial place of Kusamibn ibn Abbas, the cousin to the prophet Muhammad
- Ulugbek Observatory - The biggest observatory, built by Ulugbek (15th century)