One-Day Wine Tour To Kakheti From TbilisiWrite a Review
From USD 356.12
OverviewEnjoy a full-day, small-group tour across the Alazani valley, exploring famed Georgian wines and cuisine, as well as the region's many sights. Available options for groups of 1 to 3, 4 to 7 and 5 to 12 travelers.
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourThe region of Kakheti is the heart of traditional Georgian wine making. Located between the Gombori and Caucasus mountain ranges, the picturesque valley of the river Alazani is fertile and full of life. Here, you will learn how real Georgian wine is made in modern wineries, and how the tradition of fermenting wine in earthenware vessels – Kvevri – is preserved and advanced, ceaseless in its existence for the past eight thousand years.
Kakheti is famous not only for its vineyards and gastronomic delights, but also for its rich history. Our route is devised in a manner not only to show you the local wine making homesteads, but acquaint you with the region. The visit to the the ancient fortress of Ujarma and the exploration of Chavchavadze Lords’ homestead – Tsinandali, the reborn “City of Love”, Sighnaghi, meeting the local winemakers and participating in the making of bread and churchkhelas – all this and much more will help you form an outlook on life in ancient and modern Kakheti alike. And, of course, you will be able to sample and appreciate the best wine, both at specially organized tastings and generous Kakhetian tables, brightened by delicious local cuisine, beautiful toasts and famous table songs.
Route length is approximately 350km. Your transportation and guide will meet you after breakfast and deliver you back to Tbilisi by 7 o'clock in the evening.
Inclusions for One-Day Wine Tour To Kakheti From Tbilisi
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Wine tasting
Exclusions for One-Day Wine Tour To Kakheti From Tbilisi
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.