OverviewLearn all about French wine at a wine merchants depot in Nice and taste a variety of wines on this perfect pre-dinner activity. Your guide, a professional merchant of organic wines, will explain the different wine regions of France and how to read a French wine label. Master the art of wine-tasting and hear how Champagne is made. Then, sample generous tastings of six different organic wines, including a Champagne -- an ideal way to start an evening out!This small-group tour is limited to 11 people to ensure more personalized attention from your guide.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourMeet your expert guide and travel to a wine depot in a residential area off the regular tourist track. Your guide, an organic wine merchant, will do a fun, interactive presentation about organic French wine. Organic wine is made from grapes that are grown without the use of chemical fertilizers or pesticides, and because of this natural process they typically exhibit greater terroir, the unique character of a wine that comes from the place it's grown.
Learn about the main wine regions of France so you'll know the difference between a Bordeaux and a Burgundy. Hear about the complex process of making Champagne. Pick up French wine terms so you can understand French wine labels, and review the art of proper wine tasting.
Of course, the highlight is tasting good organic French wine! Your guide will offer you generous servings of six French wines -- including a white, a rosé, three reds and a Champagne (see Itinerary for sample selections). Sip your wine and snack on olives and bread with your small group. The laid-back, intimate atmosphere makes it easy to ask your guide any other questions you may have about French wine.
By the time your 1.5-hour wine-tasting class in Nice comes to a close, you'll feel confident about going out to dinner and ordering French wine like a pro.
Inclusions for Organic Wine Tasting In Nice
- Expert guide
- 6 wine tastings (including 1 Champagne)
- Olive bread
Exclusions for Organic Wine Tasting In Nice
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:Sample wine selections (subject to change without notice):
White wine: Château de la Bonnelière – Touraine Val de Loire
Rosé: Domaine Turenne – Côte de Provence
Domaine Bersan – Bourgogne Côtes d’Auxerre
Château Couronneau – Bordeaux Superieur
Clos de Caveau – Vacqueras Côte du Rhône
Champagne: Fleury Blanc de Noir
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.