Orpheus Island Day Trip By Helicopter From Townsville - Townsville City
OverviewLeave the busy world behind and take a helicopter flight to the island of Orpheus for an afternoon in paradise. In just 30 minutes, your expert pilot flies your small-group of up to four people from the mainland to this small island in the Great Barrier Reef. On the island, receive a welcome fruit cocktail, deluxe picnic lunch and a dinghy or a custom built drop off boat to take you over to bathe in the warm waters of the Coral Sea. Spend an idyllic three hours snorkeling over the coral reef, lounging on the beach and soaking up the scenery, then return by helicopter to Townsville.
- Instant Confirmation
- Scenic helicopter flight
Know More about this tourMake your way to the Townsville Airport to meet your pilot for your helicopter flight to Orpheus. After a safety briefing from your pilot, set off into the skies.
During the 30-minute flight, communicate with your pilot via the provided 2-way radio headset. Your pilot points out landmarks below you as you soar over the Coral Sea to Orpheus. Situated in the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, the secluded island features about seven miles (11 km) of pristine coastline surrounded by fringing coral reef.
When you arrive at the Orpheus heliport, the island staff welcomes you and offers you a a refreshing cocktail. Then get a brief orientation to the island and a motorized dinghy or be taken in the custom built drop off boat that you can take to your own secluded beach. Youll also be provided with a chef-prepared picnic to enjoy on your beach.
After a gourmet lunch, put on the provided snorkel gear and step straight off the beach into the clear blue ocean waters. Admire colorful coral gardens and oodles of brilliant tropical fish in the underwater world. You might also glimpse marine animals such as turtles, rays or small reef sharks. Or simply park yourself on the beach and enjoy your slice of paradise.
Once three hours have passed, return to the helipad for your flight. Pass over the Palm Island archipelago on your way back to Townsville, marveling at the scenery as it unfolds around you. Upon arrival, make your own way to your next destination with great memories of an afternoon getaway on a gorgeous island.
Inclusions for Orpheus Island Day Trip By Helicopter From Townsville
- Round-trip helicopter flight
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Welcome fruit cocktail
- Snorkeling gear
- Picnic lunch
Exclusions for Orpheus Island Day Trip By Helicopter From Townsville
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
Due to comfort, weight and balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over (240 pounds) 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat
There is a maximum of 4 passengers permitted per helicopter
Infants 3 years and under travel free of charge when seated in the lap of a parent or guardian
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Townsville Helicopter Tour
- Townsville City Sightseeing Tour
- 45-Minute Cape Cleveland Scenic Helicopter Flight from Townsville
- 60-Minute Palm Island Scenic Helicopter Flight from Townsville
- Reef HQ Great Barrier Reef Aquarium General Entry Ticket
- Scuba Dive the S.S. Yongala Wreck on the Great Barrier Reef
- Heli Fishing Day Trip from Townsville