OverviewPedal your way through northern Lazio and Umbria on a day trip from Rome. After cycling from the meeting point to the train station, load the bicycle onto the train yourself as a real pro and make yourself ready for a train ride out of the city. Swap to an electric bike or mountain bike and follow an uphill route through the Tiber Valley, the Oasis of Alviano nature reserve and the enchanting hill town of Civita di Bagnoregio. Take the cable train to Orvieto, enjoy free time to explore, and then finish on a high note — wine and dinner at a traditional wine cellar. A lunch box and return train to Rome are also included.
Know More about this tourLeave Rome by train and relax during the roughly 1-hour journey north of the Lazio region, from where your bike experience begins. Choose from an electric bike or a mountain bike, follow your guide through the scenic Tiber Valley area, and head inside a nature reserve known as the Oasis of Alviano. The reserve straddles the regions of Lazio and Umbria, and is home to several species of rare birds and flowers. Enjoy several stops along the way to admire the views, rest or perhaps enjoy your lunch; a package of sandwiches, fruit, juice and water is included.
Your route through the nature reserve and surrounding Bagnoregio area is uphill and includes a few tough, but short, stretches. The effort is worth your while though, as the delightful hill town of Civita di Bagnoregio beckons at the top. Beautiful in every respect, the historical dwelling dates back to medieval times when it was built on a rock plateau, cut off from the outside world by a narrow bridge.
Pedal around Civita di Bagnoregio, and then continue toward Orvieto where more history and impressive sights await. Perched atop a rocky hill, the city is best accessed by cable train. So do just that, and save your legs from a gruelling climb as you relax on the short ride.
At the top, make the most of some free time to explore. The tiny city is home to the Gothic stunner of Cattedrale di Orvieto as well as a warren of charming cobblestone lanes and medieval piazzas.
Meet back up with your guide in the late afternoon, and head to one of the city’s traditional wine cellars for dinner. After a platter of salami and cheese, salad, pasta and, of course, some wine, cycle to Orvieto station. Finally, board the return train and arrive back in Rome after just over an hour.
Inclusions for Orvieto And Civita Di Bagnoregio Bike Tour From Rome Including Dinner
- Round-trip train tickets
- Use of electric bike or mountain bike and helmet
- Ticket for cable train to Orvieto
- Local guide
- Lunch box
- Dinner and wine in Orvieto
Exclusions for Orvieto And Civita Di Bagnoregio Bike Tour From Rome Including Dinner
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
You will cover an area of approximately 12 miles (18 Km); the ride is leisurely but will go uphill, so a medium level of fitness is recommended
We require all customers to wear a helmet (provided for free)
Length: 60 km (38 mls), Elevation: 800 mt (880 yds)
Difficulty level: challenging with E-bikes (95% asphalt)
Group will reach the train station by bicycle
Everyone will have to load its own bicycle on the train
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Skip The Line - Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica Half-Day Walking Tour
- Pompeii And Amalfi Coast Semi-Private Day Trip From Rome
- Christian Rome Afternoon Tour
- Rome In One Day Segway Tour
- Exploring Rome Beyond Sights - Through Flavors, Walks, And People
- Rome Bike Tour - Rome Jubilee Bike Tour
- Rome By Train - Vatican Museum
- Self-Guided Priority Access Ticket Including Ancient Rome And Vatican Museums
- Beyond The Ordinary Tour