OverviewLearn how to make Japanese dishes with an informative Japanese cooking class in Osaka. This hands-on experience will have you whisking tea, rolling ‘takoyaki’ balls (a popular snack) and learning many other techniques that are essential to making delicious Japanese food at home. You’ll also cultivate a deeper appreciation for your meals in Japan. The small group setting, with a maximum of eight participants, ensures that you’ll receive personal attention.
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Nishikujo train station and walk to the nearby cooking studio to begin your small-group, 2.5-hour cooking class. Ease into this fun and informative class with a matcha tea tasting in a room with traditional tatami floor mats: whisk powdered green tea with water, sip and relax.
Watch the best way to cook miso soup during the opening demonstration. Your cooking instructor is well versed in the details and nuances of cooking Japanese food. Subtle techniques can have big effects on the food, so be sure to watch closely. Next master the art of takoyaki, a ball-shaped snack made of wheat flour and filled with octopus and pickled ginger and cooked in a takoyaki pan. Try your hand at making okonomiyaki, a popular Osaka dish with flour, egg, cabbage, pork and dried bonito flakes.
At the end of the class, taste the fruits of your labor, with an optional beer or sake pairing (if option selected). Discuss your favorite dishes and newly learned techniques with new friends over a delicious meal.
Inclusions for Osaka Cooking Class
- Lunch or Dinner
- All ingredients for cooking
- English-speaking cooking instructor
- Sake and/or beer tasting (if option selected)
Exclusions for Osaka Cooking Class
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers, except for age 2 years and under
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Sake/beer sampling options: Option 1 - Osaka Local sake tasting (6 different sake served in sake cup); Option 2 - Osaka local sake and beer (4 different sake served in a sake cup and 1 bottle - 330ml of Osaka local beer)
Please arrive 10 minutes early. If you are late the class will be cancelled and you will not be refunded
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.