In around 41 houryoull reach Ostia Antica, where youll tour the Ruins first.
The driver will help to you to purchase the tickets. Entrance tickets and audio-guide (not included and availables in English, French and German).
Official Licensed Guides are selected by us and require an extra cost.
Consider that in high season from April to October you must book the Tour Option with Guide included minimum 30days before.
Ostia Antica Ruins:
Ostia was Ancient Rome's seaport, the ancient Roman city of Ostia was in antiquity situated at the mouth of the river Tiber, some 30 kilometres to the west of Rome. The shoreline moved seawards, due to silting, from the Middle Ages until the 19th century. Therefore Ostia is today still lying next to the Tiber, but at a distance of some three kilometers from the beach. Ostia is Latin for "mouth", the mouth of the Tiber. The river was used as harbour, but in the Imperial period two harbour basins were added to the north, near Leonardo da Vinci airport. The harbour district was called Portus, Latin for "harbour".
This Tourfocuses on some of the archaeological remains of Imperial Ostia and Portus:
- Apartments buildings, with two or three upper floors
- The so-called medianum-apartments, the habitations of the commercial middle class
- Domus, the houses of the upper class
- Hotels, brothels, bars and hundreds of shops
- Baths and communal latrines
- The seats of guilds
- Workshops, such as bakeries and fulleries
- Store buildings
- Public buildings
- Temples and little shrines, dedicated to traditional and oriental deities
You will have time to enjoy the modern Sea of Rome: Ostia Beach.
At the end of the tour, sit back, relax and enjoy your less than 1 hour drive back to your ship.
The duration of your tour is about 9 hours.