Otranto And Surroundings Full-Day Bike TourWrite a Review
Riding through secondary roads and a pleasant dirt patch, we will discover one of the most fascinating and typical areas of Salento: the surroundings of Otranto.Crossing the Valley of Idro we will bump into his Byzantine crypt of Saint Angel, and we will reach the foundation Le Costantine a center dedicated to organic farming and traditional weaving with old looms. We will cycle towards the megalithic garden of Giurdignano, to admire his prehistoric dolmen and menhir, than we will see a small lake in a disused bauxite quarry.
Stop by a bakery with a stone oven for a delicious lunch with typical products, but also by Porto Badisco for a sweet coffe with ice and almond milk and for a fresh swim.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Family friendly
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourWe'll go up the Idro valley along a pleasant dirt patch and we'll see St. Mauro Crypt, which was carved into the soft rock of Salento at the Byzantine time. We'll move on to Casamassella and stop at the Costantine Foundation, a center dedicated to organic farming and traditional weaving with old looms.
Then we'll reach Giurdignano, main megalithic centre of Salento due to the many dolmens and menhirs, first evidence of human presence in the area. Stop by a bakery with a stone oven for a delicious lunch arranged by the organization. After lunch, we'll cycle to Porto Badisco for a long break, and weather permitting, a swim. It is also possible to rent canoes.
We'll then move on along the magnificent coast road to Otranto. We will stop at Punta Palascìa lighthouse, the eastern most point of Italy, and a peculiar lake in a disused bauxite quarry.
Return to Otranto in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Otranto And Surroundings Full-Day Bike Tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Bike tour
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Otranto And Surroundings Full-Day Bike Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with back problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.