Ouarzazate And Ait Ben Haddou: Road Of The Kasbahs Including Camel Ride From Marrakech - Marrakesh
OverviewThe ideal day trip from Marrakech for those of you who cannot spare more than one day but anxiously wish to get a glimpse over the Majestic desert of Morocco. A fantastic full day trip across the High Atlas mountain range following the ancient caravans routes and passing series of lush oases, spectacular kasbahs and imperial fortified villages. Marvel at one of the worlds cultural treasures classified as a UNESCO world heritage site and the backdrop to many Hollywood movies, the fortified Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou. Visit the grandiose Taourirt Kasbah in Ouarzazate, a former residence of the lord of the Atlas and the most powerful Pacha of the kingdom. You will be amazed by the outstanding pre-Saharian architecture and crenelated towers lavishly decorated with geometric patterns. Once there, your majestic camel will be waiting to carry you like an Arabian king testing your camel riding skills in a festival of laughter and showing you the real hospitality of the Moroccan desert.
Know More about this tourEmbark on this exciting adventure at 7:15am from Marrakech across the magnificent High Atlas Mountains whose snowy peaks blend into the clouds offering an impressive landscape and an absolutely stunning scenery at every turn to reach the famous "Hollywood of Africa" with its Ancient Kasbahs, caravan routes, UNESCO World Heritage sites, traditional Berber villages, and a rich culture of southern Morocco. Discover what makes Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou a backdrop to hundreds of Hollywood films from Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven and Prince of Persia to Captain Philips and Hologram for a King.
A scenic drive from Marrakech over the highest mountain pass of North Africa (2,269 meters) Tizi-N-Tichka, where you will have fascinating views of the High Atlas walls. Shortly before the desert capital Ouarzazate, you'll have the opportunity to visit the famous Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, the fortified clay city listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Studded with crenelated towers and decorated with geometrical patterns, it is truly one of the worlds cultural treasures. Feel like an Arabian king while enjoying your majestic 20-minute camel ride (optional) that will take you to a world where time seems to stand still. After this, you will have a lunch break in a typical Ait Ben Haddou restaurant (optional).
From here, continue to Ouarzazate, which marks the beginning of the Sahara desert. Visit the grandiose Taourirt Kasbah which belonged to the Lords of the Atlas, the Glaoui family. This spectacular former Pacha Glaoui residence, situated on the edge of the town on the road to the Moroccan Sahara desert, is considered to be one of the most beautiful kasbahs of Morocco. It consists of a maze of luxury clay houses and crenelated towers lavishly decorated. After some time at leisure for a cup of mint tea or coffee, drive back to Marrakech later in the afternoon while crossing the High Atlas Mountains.
Drop-off at your hotel in Marrakech in the evening, not just with photos you've captured, but with stories and memories of personal encounters with the indigenous people and a good sense of the beauty and hospitality of the Moroccan desert.
Inclusions for Ouarzazate And Ait Ben Haddou: Road Of The Kasbahs Including Camel Ride From Marrakech
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Multilingual driver
- Guided visit and entrance fees to kasbah Ait Ben Haddoou
- Guided visit and entrance fees to kasbah Taourirt
- Guided visit and entrance fees to Ouarzazate famous Cinema Studios (if option selected)
- Guided majestic camel ride for 20 minutes (if option selected)
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Ouarzazate And Ait Ben Haddou: Road Of The Kasbahs Including Camel Ride From Marrakech
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.