Outdoor Rock Climbing Taster Day In Peak District
OverviewThis outdoor rock climbing taster is an ideal starting point for those with little or no prior experience of rock climbing. You will be approaching the local outdoor crags with the aim to get stuck into as much climbing as you can manage. The focus for the day will be on trying out climbing but also on learning climbing techniques and rope techniques. This course is suitable for those of you who have never climbed indoors or outdoors before. If you have climbed indoors it is a good opportunity to refresh skills and get a taster for rock climbing on real rock.
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourThis course is suitable for those of you who have never climbed indoors or outdoors before. If you have climbed indoors it is a good opportunity to refresh skills and get a taster for rock climbing on real rock.
During the course you will look at:
- Equipment including harness, helmet, rock shoes, ropes and belay devices
- Climbing grades
- Climbing movement skills on real rock
- Tying into the rope
- Belaying and lowering/abseiling
- Climbing routes
- Climbing guidebooks
- 'Head Games'
In terms of the required equipment, customers bring their own rock shoes. They can however be hired as well. Customers are advised to bring suitable clothing that will keep you warm and dry in most weathers and some sturdy footwear for walking to and from the climbing areas. You are also advised to bring a packed lunch.
Meet at the Training Centre at 9am (start times may vary by up to 30 minutes during busy times but this will be confirmed the week before).
Training Centre is open from 9am for course participants to come in and grab a drink. You will spend a good 30 minutes ensuring everybody is suitably kitted out with all of the technical equipment they need for the day. There is a good range of rock shoes available in stock and these can be hired for 3 per person per day.
At 10am the climbing begins.
Depending on weather, group experience and size of group you select a local crag and jump in the Pure Outdoor minibus and go for it! This could be a 10 minute drive, it could be half an hour. Sometime you need to walk for 15-20 minutes to get to the climbing. Bring some decent trainers or walking boots.
3.30pm: Last few routes, after which you will start packing up and heading back to the van.
4-4.30pm: Depending on where you go climbing, you usually head back to the Training Centre for a de-brief, climbing equipment amnesty and another cup of tea before finishing up the course and heading home.
Inclusions for Outdoor Rock Climbing Taster Day In Peak District
- Morning tea
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Outdoor Rock Climbing Taster Day In Peak District
- Rock Shoe hire available at 3 per person
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.