Overnight Lava Cave And Ice Cave Experience From Reykjavik
OverviewThis overnight experience takes you from Reykjavik past fjords and farmlands, to the popular resort of Hsafell. Included are guided visits to both Vgelmir lava cave and Langjkull ice cave, as well as hotel accommodation for one night with breakfast. Accommodation for your overnight stay is at the beautifully modern 4-star Hotel Husafell. Choose from standard or deluxe accommodation and spend your evening relaxing in this delightful countryside location.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Multi-Day Trip
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Breakfast included
Know More about this tourDay 1:
The tour departs from Reykjavik in the morning and heads towards Hsafell with some stops for sightseeing (if time allows) before stopping for a delicious lunch (own expense). After lunch, you'll visit the lava cave Vgelmir; one of the largest known lava caves in the world.
With the aid of a walkway and lighting, the beauty of the cave and lava formations can now be enjoyed with comfort and ease, enhanced by the knowledge of the expert guides. After the excursion, we'll head to your hotel, where you will have time to spend at your own leisure.
Opt to visit the thermal pool in Hsafell or take a walk on one of the many hiking paths. You can enjoy dinner at the hotel restaurant (own expense). During winter, you may even be lucky enough to see the Northern Lights from outside the hotel! Choose between standard accommodation or opt for a more spacious deluxe room, complete with double basin, bathtub, bathrobes, and access to a terrace.
Overnight at Hotel Husafell(4-stars)
Day 2: (B)
After breakfast at the hotel (included), jump on board a specially modified glacier vehicle for the drive up to the ice cap: Langjkull glacier. Getting to the ice cave entrance is an adventure in itself, and when you reach the top of the ice cap you may be lucky enough to enjoy the spectacular panoramic views (weather permitting).
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go literally inside a glacier, and see how the colors of the packed ice and snow range from gray to white to deep blue, as well as walk on a footbridge across a huge crevasse. The ice cave is man made, and was a huge feat of engineering. Hear about how the cave was made, and explore rooms such as the 'chapel' lit by glowing colored lights embedded in the ice itself.
After returning from the glacier, you will have some free time to relax after your adventure before the bus departs for Reykjavik in the late afternoon. Estimated drop-off time back at your hotel in Reykjavik is approx. 6-7pm.
Inclusions for Overnight Lava Cave And Ice Cave Experience From Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup from Reykjavik on day 1
- Overnight accommodation at Hotel Husafell
- Breakfast as per itinerary
- Live commentary on board
- Entrance to Vgelmir lava cave
- Entrance to Langjkull ice cave
- Admission to the thermal pool in Hsafell
- Hotel drop-off in Reykjavik on day 2
Exclusions for Overnight Lava Cave And Ice Cave Experience From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Weather in Iceland can be harsh and unpredictable, please make sure to dress appropriately: we recommend warm and waterproof clothing and bringing waterproof hiking boots
Geothermal swimming pool is available at the hotel free of charge, you can bring your own swimwear and towel or rent these items on location (own expense)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.