Overnight Mekong Delta Motorcycle Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
OverviewTake a short motorbike excursion out of Ho Chi Minh City and into the rich Vietnamese landscape covered by lush, green rice paddies, quiet rivers and an area with rich local flavour. Visit the historical site of Lang Hoang Gia palace in Go Cong lying on the coastline of the Tieng Giang province, and take in the beauty of the vast cherry plantations. Enjoy a beachfront lunch as you gaze over hundreds of clam collectors hard at work offshore. In Ben Tre, "The Coconut Kingdom," have a lovely stay in a home stay deep in the jungle, experience the local industries of hand crafted brooms, coconut factories, mat-weaving workshops and brick factories. Cap off the day with lunch in a traditional Mekong Delta house.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Skip the line
- Led by a local guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourDAY 1: HO CHI MINH CITY TO HOMESTAY IN MO CAY (170 KM)
After hotel pickup, start the morning off with a visit to the tour office, where youll pick up your bike and have a quick briefing on the tour. After the briefing, well leave the city heading south to Can Gioc and Go Cong. Along the way, well drive through green rice paddies, over quiet rivers and past scenes of local daily life. In Go Cong, well stop for a visit at the Lang Hoang Gia royal palace and a nearby cherry plantation. Lunch is served in a local restaurant set on stilts above a muddy beach. As you eat, you can watch the hundreds of clam collectors at work along the shoreline. After lunch well drive along the river in the direction of Ben Tre, an area known as the kingdom of coconuts. A narrow jungle path takes us to a homestay on the river, where you can relax amid nature or try your hand at fishing before enjoying a delicious Vietnamese dinner.
DAY 2: MO CAY NAM BACK TO HO CHI MINH CITY (150 KM)
The day begins with breakfast at the homestay, after which well take a stroll through the towns morning market, and stop inside a workshop where women craft hand-made brooms for use all around southern Vietnam. From Mo Cay well drive 25 kilometers to the Ben Tre Wharf and take a boat to the main coconut farming and production area. Situated on a branch of the Mekong River, the people of Ben Tre make their living by manufacturing coconut products. At one of the coconut processing plants, youll witness each stage of the coconuts journey from husking to shaving and washing to the creation of a wide range of products such as oil, candies and even kitchen utensils. Well take a short walk to a local mat-weaving workshop before stopping for lunch in a traditional Mekong Delta house.
After lunch, well continue our tour of Ben Tre at a brick factory, and have a look around the enormous kilns where the bricks are fired. We return to the bikes on a scenic boat ride, and begin the drive back to Ho Chi Minh City around 3pm. The tour ends at your hotel.
Inclusions for Overnight Mekong Delta Motorcycle Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Overnight accommodation
- An experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Motorbike and driving guide for pillion passengers
- Boat rides
- Entrance fees
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 2 lunches
- Travel insurance
Exclusions for Overnight Mekong Delta Motorcycle Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Cu Chi Tunnels Tour with Saigon River Speedboat Cruise from Ho Chi Minh City
- Private Tour: Ho Chi Minh City Sightseeing Tour and Cu Chi Tunnels
- Ho Chi Minh Airport Transfer and Downtown Locations
- Private Morning Tour: Saigon City Sightseeing By Motorbike
- Private Tour: Historic ANZAC Sites and Vietnam War Military Bases from Ho Chi Minh City
- Small-Group Mekong Delta Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City