Overnight Tour From Medellin: Santa Fe De Antioquia And Jardín - MedellínWrite a Review
OverviewVisit 2 of the heritage jewels villages of Colombia.
Jardn; historically and currently an epicentre of coffee production and trade.
Santa Fe de Antioquia; once one of the most important cities of the country preserves its colonial elegance and quaint lifestyle.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Breakfast included
- Free snacks included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Multi-Day Trip
Know More about this tourThis overnight trip takes you to two of Antioquia’s oldest and most picturesque towns, both with traditional whitewashed and painted houses but different in their appearance and atmosphere.
Santa Fe de Antioquia is the region’s oldest settlement founded in 1541, and known as one of the towns that formed Colombia’s towns as we know them today.
The village Jardín is out second town, which was officially founded about 300 years later and it's different in its structure, colours and climate.
After more or less two hour ride by car, our first stop will be at the Puente de Occidente, or Bridge of the West, as it is situated in the west of Antioquia. Finished in 1895 after 108 years of construction, it was considered the seventh largest suspension bridge worldwide and was declared a National Monument of Colombia later in 1978.
First we’ll admire it from the distance, then we’ll walk over the bridge. Looking at the Cauca River, we'll see a magnificent panorama of the surrounding scenery before we continue our tour to Santa Fe de Antioquia.
We’ll arrive at the main square where we’ll get a first impression of Antioquia’s former capital. Walking past the fountain and street vendors selling their goods, we make our way through traditional cobblestone streets lined with whitewashed houses to a local restaurant to have a delicious traditional lunch.
The next morning we’ll start the day with a typical Colombian breakfast before we’ll get the chance to see more of Jardín and its surroundings.
We’ll stroll down the streets to have a closer look at beautifully painted houses as well as chairs that are pieces of art with hand-painted pictures of the area on them. Then we’ll enjoy a fabulous view over Jardín where we take a gondola to the top of the mountain before we’ll visit a trout farm and a large park near Jardín.
Afterwards we’ll be on our way to get the real experience of visiting a traditional coffee farm and hear about how Colombia’s finest coffee makes its way from a bean to a cup. We’ll learn everything from growing the beans to harvesting and processing them until they can be roasted and are ready to be used for a delicious cup of coffee. We’ll watch as the coffee farmer, or cafetero, prepares the liquid gold and explains different methods of brewing coffee. Then we finally get to taste the delicious result.
Before we are back on the car to return to Medellín, we’ll try another traditional lunch on the coffee farm with the region’s best ingredients.
Inclusions for Overnight Tour From Medellin: Santa Fe De Antioquia And Jardín
- Overnight accommodation
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All activities
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
Exclusions for Overnight Tour From Medellin: Santa Fe De Antioquia And Jardín
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Accommodation is based of double rooms
Bring comfortable clothe and good shoes for walking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Passport name, number, expiration date and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Santafé De Antioquia And Medellín Sightseeing Tour
- Day Trip To Guatapé From Medellín
- Medellin Historical City And Food Tour
- Full-Day Colonial Santa Fé De Antioquia Tour
- Santa Elena Day Trip: Silleteros And Flower Farm Cultural Tour
- Full Day Medellín City, Street Art And Food Tour
- Medellin City Tour Including Paragliding And Food Tasting
- Rail Adventure And Traditions Tour In Antioquia
- Private Tour: The Life Of Pablo Escobar
- Urban Escalator Of Comuna 13 In Medellin