Overnight Tour From Medellin: Santa Fe De Antioquia And Jardín - Medellín
OverviewVisit 2 of the heritage jewels villages of Colombia. Jardn; historically and currently an epicentre of coffee production and trade. Santa Fe de Antioquia; once one of the most important cities of the country preserves its colonial elegance and quaint lifestyle.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Breakfast included
- Free snacks included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Multi-Day Trip
Know More about this tourThis overnight trip takes you to two of Antioquias oldest and most picturesque towns, both with traditional whitewashed and painted houses but different in their appearance and atmosphere.
Santa Fe de Antioquia is the regions oldest settlement founded in 1541, and known as one of the towns that formed Colombias towns as we know them today.
The village Jardn is out second town, which was officially founded about 300 years later and it's different in its structure, colours and climate.
After more or less two hour ride by car, our first stop will be at the Puente de Occidente, or Bridge of the West, as it is situated in the west of Antioquia. Finished in 1895 after 108 years of construction, it was considered the seventh largest suspension bridge worldwide and was declared a National Monument of Colombia later in 1978.
First well admire it from the distance, then well walk over the bridge. Looking at the Cauca River, we'll see a magnificent panorama of the surrounding scenery before we continue our tour to Santa Fe de Antioquia.
Well arrive at the main square where well get a first impression of Antioquias former capital. Walking past the fountain and street vendors selling their goods, we make our way through traditional cobblestone streets lined with whitewashed houses to a local restaurant to have a delicious traditional lunch.
The next morning well start the day with a typical Colombian breakfast before well get the chance to see more of Jardn and its surroundings.
Well stroll down the streets to have a closer look at beautifully painted houses as well as chairs that are pieces of art with hand-painted pictures of the area on them. Then well enjoy a fabulous view over Jardn where we take a gondola to the top of the mountain before well visit a trout farm and a large park near Jardn.
Afterwards well be on our way to get the real experience of visiting a traditional coffee farm and hear about how Colombias finest coffee makes its way from a bean to a cup. Well learn everything from growing the beans to harvesting and processing them until they can be roasted and are ready to be used for a delicious cup of coffee. Well watch as the coffee farmer, or cafetero, prepares the liquid gold and explains different methods of brewing coffee. Then we finally get to taste the delicious result.
Before we are back on the car to return to Medelln, well try another traditional lunch on the coffee farm with the regions best ingredients.
Inclusions for Overnight Tour From Medellin: Santa Fe De Antioquia And Jardín
- Overnight accommodation
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All activities
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
Exclusions for Overnight Tour From Medellin: Santa Fe De Antioquia And Jardín
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Accommodation is based of double rooms
Bring comfortable clothe and good shoes for walking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Passport name, number, expiration date and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.