Overnight Trip To Rebgong: Exploring Tibetan Thangka Arts - XiningWrite a Review
From USD 235
OverviewTibetan traditional Thangka Arts is what Amdo Tibetan diaspora is known for, and Rebgong is the most famous place to see it. There are sister monasteries in upper and lower Seng-ge Shong villages hosting most famous Thangka painting schools in Tibet where you will find many talents with outstanding skills from all over Tibet. You will also visit Rongwu Gonchen Monastery, the mother monastery of 36 others in the region as well as enjoying one night accommodation at a modern Tibetan home-stay to learn more about Amdo Tibetan people and their culture.
- Small-group tour
- Special Offer
- Editor's Pick
Know More about this tourDay 1: Xining - Rebgong
You will be picked up by your guide at 9am and drive 113 miles (181 Kilometers) to Rebgong (also known as Tong Ren) for Seng-ge Shong (Upper and Lower) Thangka painting monasteries which are also the most famous Thangka painting schools in Tibet. You may also explore Thangka painters’ houses to get more in-depth understanding of the makings and meanings of Tibetan traditional Thank painting. Lunch and dinner are at your cost but your tour guide will give you ideas and recommendations. Overnight accommodation: a Modern Tibetan Home-stay (to help you better understand Tibetan culture and people)
Day 2: Rebgong Rongwu Monastery - Xining (B)
After breakfast, you will visit Rongwu Gonchen Monastery, which is the mother monastery of 36 others in the region. Then, explore the town of Rebgong before returning to Xining in the evening where this tour concludes.
Inclusions for Overnight Trip To Rebgong: Exploring Tibetan Thangka Arts
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Overnight accommodation at a Tibetan home-stay in Regbong
- Local guide
Exclusions for Overnight Trip To Rebgong: Exploring Tibetan Thangka Arts
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and dinner
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.