Oxford, Warwick Castle And Stratford-upon-Avon Day Trip From London
OverviewSee some of England's famous towns and castles on this full-day trip from London. Visiting Oxford, you'll enjoy a city walking tour and see the elegant university colleges. Visit Shakespeares birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, and explore medieval Warwick Castle with its waxwork displays from Madame Tussauds.
- Popular choice with kids
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourAfter a pickup from Victoria Coach Station, travel by coach to Stratford-upon-Avon to visit the birthplace of William Shakespeare: one of the greatest writers in the English language. Take a private tour of Shakespeare's Schoolroom before it opens to the public, and enjoy a school lesson included with your tour. Then, enjoy some free time to explore the market town thats home to the theaters of the famous Royal Shakespeare Company. A river winds its way through the town past Holy Trinity church, where Shakespeare is buried. There are half-wooden buildings which date back to Shakespeare's time, including the cottage of Anne Hathaway, who he married in 1582. After exploring, enjoy lunch in one of the towns many cafes or restaurants (own expense).
Continue from Stratford-upon-Avon to Warwick, home to Warwick Castle. With a history dating back over 1,000 years, the castle will take you to an era of banquets, battles and royal splendor. After entering, your guide will leave you to explore independently. Listen to an introduction to the historical site from Warwick Castles history team, and then explore the site at leisure. See the waxwork displays from Madame Tussauds that are showcased at the castle, and see and hear of the Earl of Warwick's preparations for battle. Then, perhaps take a look at the ghostly dungeons where prisoners were tortured.
Then travel to Oxford, a city that boasts one of the world's greatest and oldest universities as well as some of the finest architecture in Europe. See it all on a walking tour, and learn all about the colleges themselves, with their ivy-clad stone walls that protect the beautiful chapels, halls and libraries.
Then, simply meet your guide back on board your coach to travel back to central London.
Inclusions for Oxford, Warwick Castle And Stratford-upon-Avon Day Trip From London
- Local guide
- Entrance fee to Warwick Castle, Shakespeare's schoolroom
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
Exclusions for Oxford, Warwick Castle And Stratford-upon-Avon Day Trip From London
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Independent Layover Tour to Windsor from London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport
- Paranormal Activity Investigation Walking Tour in London
- Private Guided Tour of Residential London
- Small-Group Day Trip to Stonehenge, Bath and Windsor from London
- Arrival or Departure Private Transfer: London Heathrow Airport to Bath
- Private Tour: Stonehenge Tour from London in a Chauffeured Range Rover