Oxygen Pack, Ranua Wildlife Park & Finnish Sauna Package, With Lunch And Dinner - Rovaniemi
OverviewThis tour is ideal for those who do not have much time in Rovaniemi. The tour includes a visit to the northernmost zoo in the World - Ranua, shopping, lunch, snowshoe hiking in the wilderness, traditional wood-burning Finnish sauna experience, ice swimming, Northern Lights hunting and dinner. Transportation along the route and all entrance fees are also included to the price. Excellent combination of price and quality!You don't need any experience or special skills to come with us on this tour, just a sense of adventure. Please bring the recommended clothing, backpack, and camera and well provide everything else. Families with children or those looking for a mellow time in the Lappish nature will enjoy this tour.
Know More about this tour
Our adventure begins with a meeting at the reception of your hotel. We will start with the visit of the Ranua Zoo. The zoo is approximately in one-hour to the south from Rovaniemi by car.
The Ranua Wildlife Park, established 1983, specializes in arctic and northern animal species. The spacious animal fencings are located in the midst of northern conifer forests, the natural habitat of most of the animals. You can see the only polar bears living in Finland, as well as 50 other arctic and northern animal species, in all and all 200 individuals, at the Ranua Wildlife Park. The animals live in spacious fencings in the midst of northern wide forests, in their as authentic natural environment as possible.
After a 2.5-kilometer walk through the snow-covered forest, you will have a delicious lunch in a cozy and warm restaurant.
Before you leave, you can spend some time for shopping. Your guide will show you the most interesting souvenir shops and will acquaint you with an assortment of goods and products.
Our tour will continue by the visit of the traditional authentic wood-burning Finnish Sauna, which is located at the majestic private lake and will give you a well-deserved lifetime experience, just 40 minutes from Ranua.
Upon arrival we will learn how to heat a Finnish sauna, usually this process takes about 60 minutes. You can also play fun outdoor games (snowshoes, aurora hunting, wilderness survival test) or put your fish catching skills to the test! For those, who do not like cold weather - we prepared a special event, a logical intellectual game, based on the history of the elves of Santa Claus.
As soon as the sauna reaches the necessary temperature - it's time to go to the steam room.
Enjoying a sauna is a personal thing, you should always listen to your body and do as you feel best. There is no one right way to bathe in the sauna. For a first time you could stay in for a five minutes, depending on the temperature. After cooling down for a few minutes, go into the sauna again and stay a bit longer. When you come out of the sauna, you can just sit down and admire the beauty of nature around you. A memorable addition will be swimming in the Arctic lake or unforgettable Snow-jumping activity after a warm sauna. The tradition of jumping into the snow or a cold lake after a hot sauna session may have even more benefits than a sauna session alone.
The feeling of hunger is strong enough after truly Lappish SPA procedures, which is why you will have an amazing and traditional Blazed salmon dinner in a warm and cozy cottage, right near the fireplace.
If there is a clear sky that evening, we will be able to observe an amazing natural phenomenon - the dance of the northern lights in the Arctic sky!
A trip back to the hotel will not take more than 30 minutes.
Inclusions for Oxygen Pack, Ranua Wildlife Park & Finnish Sauna Package, With Lunch And Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional local guide
- Ranua zoo entrance tickets
- Buffet lunch
- Firewood sauna experience
- Ice swimming / arctic lake swimming
- Towels and slippers for the sauna
- Dinner cooked on the open fire
- Non-alcohol beverages
- Unforgettable experience and only positive emotions
Exclusions for Oxygen Pack, Ranua Wildlife Park & Finnish Sauna Package, With Lunch And Dinner
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
Bathing suit, if necessary (it is important to remember that usually in Finland sauna is visited naked).
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please provide valid phone number
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Snowshoe Trip for Searching Arctic Animals
- Northern Lights Reindeer Safari from Rovaniemi
- Northern Lights Snowmobile Sleigh Ride
- Snowmobile Safari to Reindeer and Husky Farms from Rovaniemi
- All Day Snowmobile Driving
- Northern Lights Trip with an Overnight Stay in a Snow Igloo
- Northern Lights Photography Tour from Rovaniemi
- Ranua Zoo Family Tour from Rovaniemi