OverviewThis bay is one of the busiest bays in Bali, where the public ferry crosses from Bali to Lombok, white sandy beach. There are several diving points that worth to explore Blue lagoon, Padang Bay channel, Tanjung Bungsil (Bias a Putih), and Jepun.
- This tour is for certified divers only. Travelers without proper diving certification will not be allowed to participate and risk non-refund of tour fees
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tourBlue Lagoon
This lagoon is just north of Tanjung Silayukti, takes 6 minutes to get here by outrigger fishing boat with the outboard vessel or even shorter by speed boat from Padang bay. Actually this is a very small bay, in the bay grows dense sea grasses and boulder rocks covered with soft corals and Hydroids, the reef extends.Jepun
Its location is about 50 meters offshore, where stands a small temple at the rocky cliff on the coastline, this temple is -Pura Jepun-. Jepun stands for Frangipani flower in Balinese language. The descending reef is started up current offshore from where the temple sits, first 2 to 3 meters reef then continues a wide sloping terrace falling off significantly where giant Anemones, Crinoids of varying colour and many other reef fishes. Chevron Barracuda, Pencil thin-keeled Needlefish are common here. While drift diving you will end up finding the rockier reef wall before Blue Lagoon. It is better put ourselves at the shallow outcrop to see a swarm of reef fish. If big waves occur the bottom will swirl up, makes the visibility a bit of a blur, better shift the diving to another reef. The water temperature is rather cold (roughly 24 degrees C) due the thermocline that often occurs.
A small outboard motor boat cruises south side of Padang Bai harbour about 15 minutes to pass the peninsula south of the harbour, the boat will anchor to get the divers prepared dive gear, don them and hit the water. Descending to the slope bottom up to 20 meters spur into the bay, soft corals, rocky boulders shaped covering with coral reef are rich with sea life, Reef sharks often spotted. By the end of the dive, when you surface watching out the ferry passing into the bay, if the sound of it is heard better delay a moment before a direct ascent, because its hard to determine the ferrys position underwater. Best time to dive at this location is if the current flows into the bay or on the slack high tide. Water temperature is relative warm and sometimes-even drop as to 25 degrees C.
Padang Bai Channel
To dive here we start descending from the buoy close to the ferry dock; the channel runs further east to the hook of Tanjung Silayukti. At the beginning of the dive the reef is not interesting, much more interesting around the hook of Tanjung Silayukti with scattered boulder rocks, bommies, colourful hard corals, soft corals, number of Crinoids and a variety of tropical reef fishes. Turtles are frequently seen on this steeply slope reef that runs to 30 meters deep, the current is sometimes unpredictable changing its strength and direction that pushes into deep water. Dont let us sucked into blue water and always ascend safely from the shallow reef of Tanjung Silayukti so the boat skipper can easily provide the pick up service by the end of the diving. Water temperature is frequently fallen roughly 26 degrees C.
Inclusions for Padang Bai Scuba Diving Tour In Bali
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from select areas
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Morning tea or coffee in our office
- Boat transfers
- 2x dive at Padang Bai site
- Lunch in beachside restaurant
- All equipment rental (BCD, regulator, booties, fin, mask, snorkel, wetsuit)
- 1 tank per dive
Exclusions for Padang Bai Scuba Diving Tour In Bali
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
It is recommended to bring a towel and a change of clothes
Optional DAN and Divemaster insurance (insurance specifically designed for divers) is available for purchase through the tour operator
Diving within 18 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or change the dive spot to other dive spot without any surcharge given
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.