PADI Open Water Diver Certification In Cabo San Lucas
OverviewThis 4-day course will allow you to become a PADI-certified open water diver which is the most widely recognized and respected rating in the world. You will have the freedom to dive with a buddy independent of a professional. Throughout this course, you will learn fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques. You will earn this rating by completing five pool dives and knowledge development sessions and by making four open water (ocean or lake) dives. The tour includes diving gear.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Small-group tour
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tourThis 4-day certification will teach you all the basic scuba diving knowledge and experience so you can become a PADI open water diver. You will learn the principles of scuba diving that are necessary to plan and execute a dive trip, pool sessions to practice important diving skills and 4 open water dives from a boat at the local dive sites.
The knowledge development will concentrate on the fundamentals of scuba diving which includes physical and physiological principles, such as: buoyancy, pressure, depth and breathing compressed air. You will also learn about diving equipment and how to use it, underwater communication, safety measures and more.
The pool sessions are where you will practice scuba skills which are essential for diving and handling the dive gear in open water. The four open water dives will take place at the Cabo San Lucas Marine Preserve area and these are the highlights of the course. Throughout each of them, you will reinforce your knowledge and develop your skills. For each dive, after practicing a set of skills which were learned in the pool, you will have time to explore the dive site.
At the end of this course, you will be certified for life to dive in open water (meaning no caves, wrecks or other confined spaces but anywhere else), anywhere in the world with or without a dive-master to depths of 60 feet.
Inclusions for PADI Open Water Diver Certification In Cabo San Lucas
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Scuba diving equipment
- PADI certification
- 4 scuba dives
Exclusions for PADI Open Water Diver Certification In Cabo San Lucas
- The listed price does not include a $USD2 parking fee (per hour), payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Open Water book (available at the dive shop for $USD70)
- Marina entrance fee ($USD 1 per person)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 10 years
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
Note: You will need 4 days to complete this certification, so please make sure you will be in Los Cabos for the duration of the course
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.