Paestum And Mozzarella Farm Experience - Salerno
OverviewThis tour will be a perfect mix of art and culinary experiences. The city of Paestum gives to the costumers the possibility to visit one of the most beautiful archaeological site in the world and to taste the amazing Mozzarella that is considered, as pizza, the symbol of Italy all over the world.Paestum ruins charm thousands of people every year, here in fact the touristcan feel the real essence of the Greek life during the Magna Greek empire.To complete this amazing day trip a Mozzarella Farm experiences cannot fail. Mozzarella has always been considered agastronomical treasure of Italy, only in a local farm people canlook at the process of cheese production and taste delicious andfresh mozzarella.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tour
The ruins of Paestum give to the visitors a sense of mystery and of eternity. Walking through the ruins people can image how life was in ancient times.The town in the past was chosen as a maritime economical centre given its proximity to the sea, for centuries the Greek civilization was left undisturbed, the mild climate favoured the establishment of a magnificent town.
At short distance from the archaeological park you can find the National Archaeological Museum, with the houses and artefacts dating from the VII century BC up to the VII century AD and the famous GreekTomb of the Diver.
In the surrounding area there are lots of Mozzarella Farms, where fresh Mozzarella is made in the traditional way that provide genuine taste. In this kind of eco-bio farm the tourists can assist to the cheese production process and try this amazing local food.
- Pick up at the Port or any other arranged accommodation
- Visit at local best mozzarella cheese farm where you can see the stables of buffalos and at the end you can taste some freshly made mozzarella!
- Lunch break in the farm:
Vegetables from the garden, two first courses to choose from the menu, mozzarella and ricotta cheese and a sweet
- Transfer to the Archaeological Area of Paestum: Three Doric temples of the V century BC, named Temple of Neptune, Basilica and Temple of Ceres stand in the city. The temple of Neptune can be compared for its imposing magnificence with the Parthenon.
- Next to the archaeological park is the National Archaeological Museum of Paestum, founded in 1952, that the houses artefacts dating from the VII century BC up to the VII century AD. The museum is closed for maintenance on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month.
- Transfer back to the Port or other location passing through the city of Salerno
Inclusions for Paestum And Mozzarella Farm Experience
- Transportation by a private Mercedes Minivan
- Local archaeological guide
- Food tasting and lunch in the Mozzarella farm
- Guided visit of a celebrated Mozzarella Farm
- All taxes
Exclusions for Paestum And Mozzarella Farm Experience
- Entrance fees in Paestum (10 euro per person; free for the under 18 shoving an identification)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved (about 1 mile)
closed shoes are reccommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private transfer from Salerno to Palinuro or vice versa
- Capri and Blue Grotto Private Day Trip from Salerno
- Private tour of the Amalfi coast from Salerno
- Salerno Private 2.5-hour Walking Tour with a Local Guide
- Private Shore Excursion from Salerno Port to Amalfi Coast and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast off the Beaten Tracks Private Tour
- Medical School of Salerno Walking Private Tour
- Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from the port of Salerno