PAESTUM: The Greek Temples And The Archaelogical Museum Private Tour - Salerno
OverviewExplore the ruins of the wonderful Paestum, including its three amazing Doric temples, the amphitheater, the forum and the markets. After the ruins youll visit the National Archeological Museumwhere are displayed some of the most beautiful artworks of the Magna Greece.Paestum is one of the precious archaeological pearls of Italy, it is located in the northern part of the Cilento region, not far from the river Sele, on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea. The town was founded by the Greeks colonists, under the name of Poseidonia, became the most popular city of the Magna Graecia.
Know More about this tour
- Explore archaeological site of Paestum, the best preserved Graeco-Roman city, with a certified archaeological guide in two hours walking tour.
- Admire the three Greek temples dating back to the 6th century B.C.: Temple of Neptune, Temple of Ceres and Basilica, very similar to the Parthenon in Athens (nowhere else can find such tall, elegant and well-preserved Greek temples).
- See the city walls and the roman ruins: the comitium (political assembly place), the amphitheater and much more
- Visit the fascinating National Archaeological Museum, which has a rich collection of local Greek artworks from the VII century BC. The undisputed highlights of the museum in Paestum are the frescoes of the Tomb of the Diver and the red figured Krater of Asteas.
Inclusions for PAESTUM: The Greek Temples And The Archaelogical Museum Private Tour
- - Guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the tour by a certified archaeological guide, - Skip the line tickets, - All taxes
Exclusions for PAESTUM: The Greek Temples And The Archaelogical Museum Private Tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
activity level: moderate
comfortable shoes are recommnded
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private transfer from Salerno to Palinuro or vice versa
- Capri and Blue Grotto Private Day Trip from Salerno
- Private tour of the Amalfi coast from Salerno
- Salerno Private 2.5-hour Walking Tour with a Local Guide
- Private Shore Excursion from Salerno Port to Amalfi Coast and Pompeii
- Amalfi Coast off the Beaten Tracks Private Tour
- Medical School of Salerno Walking Private Tour
- Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from the port of Salerno