Pak Ou Caves And Kuang Si Fall Day Tour - Luang Prabang
OverviewExplore the beauty of Laos culture and natural wonders with a full day exploration around Luang Prabang. Travel up the Mekong River to the Buddha-filled caves of Pak Ou, visit a local rice-wine making village, and visit a local ethnic minority village. Swim in the waters of the Kuang Si falls and enjoy a picnic lunch as you relax in the Laos countryside.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourThis morning you will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to a pier on the Mekong River for a boat ride up the River. Laos has several waterways that have traditionally been used as the local form of transportation and they continue to be used in that manner today in many parts of the country. Taking a local boat cruise is probably one of the most rewarding ways to discover the life along the rivers. As you cruise along, observe the daily activities of fishermen, how they throw their nets in an elegant arm gestures, and rely on the water for their livelihood. For the villages settled along the Mekong, the River plays an important role in their daily life and usually represents the only means of transportation and commerce.
Two hours upstream from Luang Prabang, disembark to visit the famous Pak Ou Caves. Locally called Tam Ting, the caves are filled with thousands of gold-lacquered Buddha statues. The statues range in size from a few centimeters tall to the height of a human and are crammed into the cave which is nestled in a limestone cliff. The caves are a destination for local pilgrimages.
After visiting the caves, reboard the boat for a cruise back to Luang Prabang. En route, stop at Ban Xang Hay, a village which specializes in making traditional rice-wine.Lunch at local restaurant.
This afternoon, enjoy a visit to Kuang Si Waterfall, south west of Luang Prabang (32km). Along the way, stops will be made to visit some villages of the various ethnic minorities of the area. Upon reaching the falls, relax and enjoy the scenery, and if the weather is good, you can enjoy a swim in the cool, clear waters.
For the adventurous, it is possible to walk to the top of the falls via a steep track where stunning views await you at the top.
After leisurely time at the waterfalls, transfer back to your hotel in Luang Prabang.
Inclusions for Pak Ou Caves And Kuang Si Fall Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Transport into A/C vehicle
- All permissions and local taxes
- Private English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Pak Ou Caves And Kuang Si Fall Day Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 7 people per booking
Minimum age is 2 years
Group discount is available for group size of 3 or more
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.