Pak Ou Caves River Trip - Luang PrabangWrite a Review
Laos has a lot of mysterious landscapes that you can explore on your trip. Pak Ou Caves are one of the best natural wonders in this country. It is also an extremely famous pilgrimage site for the people of Laos, the best part is that on the way you will get various opportunities to witness the rural life.
- Visit one of the most beautiful natural wonders.
- Observe the rural life of Laos closely!
- Enjoy a ride in the boat.
Know More about this tour
We depart from our office and take a short walk to the boat pier. We board the boat and begin our cruise along the amazing Mekong which takes us past idyllic scenes of rural riverside life and spectacular scenery until reaching the beautiful Pak Ou Caves which sit amongst the limestone cliffs where the Mekong and Nam Ou rivers meet. The caves are spilt in two, one named Tham Ting and the other Tham Theung. They are both filled with thousands of Buddha images and statues which have been deposited here over centuries.
Pak Ou remains a popular pilgrimage site for Lao people, especially during the Lao New Year in April when the caves become crowded with pilgrims who gain merit by ceremonially washing the Buddha statues. We take time to explore upper and lower caves before stopping for a delicious Lao lunch at a nearby restaurant.
A short distance away from Pak Ou Caves we visit the village of Ban Xang Hai which has for centuries made the clay jars which are used to ferment Lao wine. Nowadays the tradition continues however the village now also specialises in producing a wide range of ‘Lau Lao’ Lao whisky and ‘Lau Hai’ Lao wine. Be sure to try just a little before we head of back down river to Luang prabang in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Pak Ou Caves River Trip
- Private transfer by air-con vehicles
- English speaking guide
- Drinking water bottle
- Admission fees
Exclusions for Pak Ou Caves River Trip
- Personal expenses
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be %
- If you cancel between 1 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be %
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be %
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.