OverviewYou will be transported back to the Golden Age of France with a trip to the Palace of Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage site and emblem of French royalty and extravagance. You will be guaranteed fast-track entry, allowing you to jump the queue and travel in comfort on one of our fully air-conditioned coaches.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Excellent value for money
- Skip the line
Know More about this tourYou will be transported back to the Golden Age of France with a trip to the Palace of Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and emblem of French royalty and extravagance. You will be guaranteed fast-track entry, allowing you to jump the queue and travel in comfort on one of our fully air-conditioned coaches. You will marvel at the breathtaking royal chateau, transformed by the ‘Sun King’ Louis XIV in the 1660s from a hunting lodge. Playground of the French monarchs, Versailles was the centre of royal and political power until the French Revolution in 1789 which saw Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette forced to return to the capital.
Your audio guide will enable you to discover the State apartments of the King and Queen, the Royal Chapel and Hall of Mirrors, the epitome of French opulence: three hundred and fifty-seven mirrors line the gold-adorned hall and crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling.
You will also be given time to explore the manicured gardens "à la française", which mirrors the splendor of the interior. Designed by the French landscaper André Le Nôtre in 1661 for the King Louis XIV, the 2,000-acre park is an architectural expanse of perspectives, parterres, fountains and groves that since its inception has defined what a French garden should be.
Inclusions for Palace Of Versailles With Skip The Line Audio Guided Tour
- Transport to and from Paris by air-conditioned coach
- Hostess in coach
- Skip the line entrance into the Palace (Hall of Mirrors, Queen's Apartment, State Apartments)
- Individual audio guide in the palace available in: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Polish and Mandarin Chinese
- "Musical Gardens" and "Fountain Show" included on selected dates (Gardens on Tuesdays only and Fountains show on Weekends only)
Exclusions for Palace Of Versailles With Skip The Line Audio Guided Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
It is strongly advised not to wear high-heeled shoes (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
Strollers are not permitted inside the palace
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Musical show of the gardens of Versailles is available only on Tuesdays
Fountains show of the gardens of Versailles is available only Saturdays and Sundays
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.