Palace Of Versailles With Skip The Line Audio Guided Tour And Access To The Queen's Hamlet - Paris
OverviewYou will be transported back to the Golden Age of France with a Day Trip to the Palace of Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage site and emblem of French royalty and extravagance. You will be guaranteed fast-track entry, allowing you to jump the queue and travel in comfort on one of our fully air-conditioned coaches. You will also be given extra time to explore the famous gardens à la française and the grounds of Versailles.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourLet us transport you back to the Golden Age of France with an entire day to discover the Palace of Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it's gardens and the Trianons which includes Marie Antoinette's private Hamlet.
You will be guaranteed fast-track entry, allowing you to jump the queue and travel in comfort on one of our fully air-conditioned coaches. You will marvel at the breathtaking royal chateau, transformed by the ‘Sun King’ Louis XIV in the 1660s from a hunting lodge. Playground of the French monarchs, Versailles was the centre of royal and political power until the French Revolution in 1789 which saw Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette forced to return to the capital.
Your audio guide will enable you to discover the State apartments of the King and Queen, the Royal Chapel and Hall of Mirrors, the epitome of French opulence: three hundred and fifty-seven mirrors line the gold-adorned hall and crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling.
You will also have free time to explore the famous gardens à la française ; a 2,000 acre park designed by André le Notre with its magnificent groves, statues, and fountains. The grounds of Versailles boast two smaller, but equally beautiful palaces which are also well worth a visit.
The Grand Trianon was built for King Louis XIV to enjoy with his mistres Madame de Montespan and later by Napoleon Bonaparte and Empress Marie-Louise. The elegant, single-storey palace with pink marble radiates cosiness, sweetness and grandeur all at once.
The Petit Trianon, a small chateau in the grounds of Versailles used by Marie Antoinette for festivities and to escape the overwhelming court etiquette. You will also discover the Queen’s Hamlet, a stylised Norman village and farm built for Marie Antoinette where she retreated with her closest friends to enjoy an intimately rustic life. Completed just a few years before the Revolution, the Hamlet remains a testiment to the Queen’s desire for a simpler life over the cold marble vaults of the main palace.
Inclusions for Palace Of Versailles With Skip The Line Audio Guided Tour And Access To The Queen's Hamlet
- Transport to and from Paris by air-conditioned coach
- Hostess in coach
- Skip the line entrance into the Palace (Hall of Mirrors, Queen's Apartment, State Apartments)
- Individual audioguide in the palace available in: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Polish and Mandarin Chinese
- Access to the Gardens (Even during Water Fountain Show)
- Access to the Trianons and the Queen's Hamlet
Exclusions for Palace Of Versailles With Skip The Line Audio Guided Tour And Access To The Queen's Hamlet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
It is strongly advised not to wear high-heeled shoes (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
Strollers are not permitted inside the palace.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Paris to Versailles Round-Trip Coach Transfer
- Mobile Wifi Everywhere in Paris
- Private 2-Day Tour: Customize Your Perfect Stay in Paris
- Private One-Way Transfer: City of Paris
- ANZAC Day Trip from Paris: Dawn Service at Villers-Bretonneux and WWI Somme Battlefields Tour
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 3-Hour River Cruise the Seine River Including Dinner and Live Music