Palacio Real De Madrid & The Old City Tour Skip-the-Line Small Group Guided Tour
OverviewHistory and architecture will collide in Madrid on this combo tour of the Royal Palace and Old City. This 5 to 5.5 hour semi-private tour, welcoming up to 8 guests, will explore Europes largest royal residence as well as the streets and attractions around it. Its the ideal way to make the most of your time in the Spanish capital.
Know More about this tour
Start at the Royal Palace, which features some 3,000 rooms that have been perfectly preserved. The palace is open to the public, since the royal family only uses it for official receptions. Marvel at the main staircase, designed by Sabatini and comprising over 70 steps. Visit the Throne Room and admire the ceiling painted by Tiepolo, and the Hall of Alabarderos, the palace guards. Your guide will also point out works of master artists along the way including Velázquez, Goya, and Caravaggio. In the Royal Pharmacy, youll explore cabinets with medicinal plants, ceramic pots, and formulas dispensed to the royal family. Visit the Royal Chapel and see its collection of stringed instruments made by the legendary Antonio Stradivari.
Next, hit the streets and squares of the Spanish capital while visiting Madrids Old City. From the Puerta del Sol, Madrid's main square, youll follow your expert guide through the medieval streets to sites including Plaza Mayor, Santa Cruz Palace, and the soaring Almudena Cathedral. Youll discover the curious Bakery House and the tapas-filled stalls at San Miguel Market. This charming district is popularly known as Habsburg Madrid, in reference to the ruling powers of the 16th and 17th centuries. It is here, in central Madrid, that youll even visit the worlds oldest restaurant to find out what the signature dish is.
Visit Madrid as it existed later under the Bourbon dynasty. Youll wander the gardens of Plaza de Oriente designed by French emperor Napoleon´s brother. Learn about the Royal Theater and let the beauty of the French-inspired architecture wash over you as you discuss Madrid in the 19th century. By the end, youll understand the layout of the city and how its landmarks played a part in its rich history.
Inclusions for Palacio Real De Madrid & The Old City Tour Skip-the-Line Small Group Guided Tour
- Semi-Private Walking Tour & Museum Tour
- "Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Tour Includes All Entrance Fees
- Available Daily At 11Am
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including A Lunch Break)
- Tour Will Run, Rain Or Shine
Exclusions for Palacio Real De Madrid & The Old City Tour Skip-the-Line Small Group Guided Tour
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Notes: The Palace might be subjected to occasional closures or delayed opening or special event limiting access to our tour. When this occurs, we will provide guests with a reschedule option, or appropriate alternative. There is a link provided to verify beforehand the exceptional closing days online. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' access.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 2 or 3 Day Cordoba and Seville from Madrid by Bus and High Speed Train
- Madrid Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Madrid Guided Panoramic Tour with Wax Museum
- Hard Rock Cafe Madrid
- 4-Day Spanish Mediterranean Cities Tour: Valencia and Barcelona from Madrid
- Las Ventas Bullring Entrance Ticket and Bullfighting Museum of Madrid Audio Tour