Palazzo Vecchio_Palazzo Pitti And Boboli Gardens Private Tour - Florence
OverviewLearn about the Medici family on a visit to the two palaces where they once lived: Palazzo Vecchio and Palazzo Pitti with Boboli gardens.The private tour is about 4hours and includes all the entrance fees.Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel and from there start your visit of Florence discovering the Medici's dinasty and their palaces.
Know More about this tour
This is a 4 hours tour designed for those who love the history of Florence and the Medici dinasty. Itincludes two of the most popular museums of Florence: Palazzo Vecchio and Palazzo Pitti where the Medici family lived for long time and the astonishingBoboli gardens.
Meet your official guide at the lobby of your centrally located hotel and start the tour from there.
The first museum that you'll visit is Palazzo Vecchio: ithas been the center of Florence's civic power for more than seven centuries and houses the town hall. The striking building was built in the early 1300s, it dominates Piazza della Signoria and was decorated by the ruling Medici family in the 16th century when they lived there. Youll see decorated ceilings, frescoes by Vasari and statues by Donatello and Michelangelo. See the mysterious symbols and artworks that inspired Dan Browns novel Inferno (and the film of the same name), such as an inscription Cerca e Trova (Seek and you shall find) written atop a fresco by Giorgio Vasari. Learn about the buildings transformation from a medieval town hall into the private residence of Duke Cosimo I before the famous ruling family relocated to the citys Palazzo Pitti.
After Palazzo Vecchio, walk with your guide in direction of Palazzo Pitti, admire Ponte Vecchio and hear the history of the long Vasari Corridor, the walkway designed to offer secrecy and protection to the Florentine rulers.
Next, reach the Oltrarno district, the place where many locals live and where youfinally see the imposing Palazzo Pitti, last residence of the Medici family and one of the most insightful visits you can enjoy in Florence.
This amazing museum has something for everyone: it was the Medici family Residence combined with gardens and a spectacularly beautiful art gallery, lavish rooms and views. Pitti Palace now houses several museums and a fine collection of paintings.
During the tour you'll visit Boboli gardens, the prototype of the Italian Formal Garden, no wonder it was recently added to the list of theUNESCO World Heritage Sites. Boboli is decorated with fountains, statues creating a real open-air museum with stunning view of Florence.
Then you have the opportunity to see thePalatine Gallery wich isn't an Academic museum, the layout preserves the character of a private picture gallery, the paintings are arranged to fit the space and the rooms decorations, revealing the tastes of the great collectors who lived in the palace. The paintings, which are sumptuously framed, cover the walls of the rooms in the style of traditional baroque galleries, following neither chronological order nor schools of painting. This peculiar arrangement brings the time of the Medicis to life, like an incredible trompe-loeil fresco, transporting us in another time.
The tour ends inside Palazzo Pitti, where you can stayuntil closing time visiting the other museums on your own.
Inclusions for Palazzo Vecchio_Palazzo Pitti And Boboli Gardens Private Tour
- Admission ticket (Palazzo Vecchio - Palazzo Pitti - Boboli garden)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (only for centrally located Hotels)
Exclusions for Palazzo Vecchio_Palazzo Pitti And Boboli Gardens Private Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guided Truffle Hunt in Tuscany with Light Gourmet Lunch
- Verona and Lake Garda Day Trip from Florence: 18 to 35s
- Tuscan Walk and Hunt for Truffles
- Florence Bike Rental
- Half-day Wine Tasting Trip to Chianti with Guide from Florence
- Florence Antiquarian Houses Private Art Tour
- Private Tour: Archaeological Museum of Florence
- Medici Chapels Private Tour