OverviewWhen your cruise ship docks at Palermo Port, head out to explore on a 3-hour city tour by Segway! On a self-balancing, electric Segway, glide around Palermo’s vibrant streets and learn all about the city from a local expert guide. Hear tales of old and new, including facts about King Charles V’s time in the town. Pass Capos Market and Palermo’s Gallery of Modern Art; see a wealth of Baroque, Arab-Norman and Neo-Classical architecture; and discover some fine-looking city parks, too.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourLeave Palermo Port and meet your guide in the center of Palermo. Start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway; once you feel comfortable, you’ll weave through Palermo’s streets, following your guide at a steady pace.
Glide across to Piazza Verdi to see Teatro Massimo – Italy’s largest opera house – and swing past Capo Market where a mish-mash of busy alleyways are home to stalls selling some of Palermo’s best food. Maneuver past the crowds to Piazza della Vittoria and stop for pictures against the backdrop of the Palace of the Normans. The lavish gardens of Villa Bonanno are in the square, too, and you’ll see its lush palm trees and a few interesting Roman relics before leaving the square.
Continue to Piazza Bologni to see two ornate palaces – Villafranca and Belmote-Riso – as well as statues of King Charles V (or the King of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, as he once precociously titled himself). Pass alongside Arab-Norman churches and see the Gallery of Modern Art – Palermo’s cultural hotspot that’s housed inside a former convent.
Stop for more photos outside Mirto Place and work your way past the green oasis that is Garibaldi Garden, next to Steri-Chiaramonte Palace. Then, head to the neighborhood of La Kalsa to glide around Piazza Kalsa. Pass through the Greek’s Gate, and then head out to Foro Italico – the city’s charming seafront. Stop to admire the sights at Villa a Mare and see some of Palermo’s top attractions gracing the vista: Butera Palace, Felice Gate and the Church of Santa Maria della Catena.
Pass the ancient port of Palermo, gliding into the neighborhood of Castellammare, and then continue along the waterfront of the modern harbor before finishing at the start point.
This excursion is located within a 10-minute walk of the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in Palermo. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
Inclusions for Palermo Shore Excursion: City Segway Tour
- 30-minute orientation session
- Use of Segway and helmet
- Headphones to hear the guide clearly
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
Exclusions for Palermo Shore Excursion: City Segway Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 16 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.