Palermo Small Group Walking Tour: Discover Sicily's Capital City And Its Anti-Mafia Culture
OverviewExperience in a small group the gorgeous Italian scenery on your way through Palermo city, seeing historic sights at every turn whilst discovering about the organizations who stand against Mafia.The tour ends at Antica Focacceria San Francesco, one of the oldest restaurants in Palermo, famous for the characteristic street food.
- Led by a local guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourIt is impossible to describe the Sicilian capital without noting its contrasts: elegance and decadence, light and shadow, rich and poor, metropolitan and provincial, joy and sorrow, perfumes and stenches, Mafia and Anti-Mafia. A city which captivates, stupefies, and sometimes shocks visitors; it certainly isn't an experience one forgets.
Go on a tour and find out about brave owners of hotels, restaurants, farms, and transport agencies who have made the brave decision to stand against Mafia. Learn about the Mafia and the civil Anti-Mafia movement whilst walking through the picturesque historic centre. Discover a city that is finally rebelling against the protection rackets. Every stop is a cause for reflection, a chance to mull over the realities of the Mafia and consider the civic movement against Mafioso power.You will meet shopkeepers who have said no to the protection racket.
On the tour, you will pass in front of the Palermo cathedral, the Palazzo Riso, the Palermo Court, the Massimo theater. The tour ends at Antica Focacceria San Francesco, one of the oldest restaurants in Palermo, famous for the characteristic Palermos street food.
Inclusions for Palermo Small Group Walking Tour: Discover Sicily's Capital City And Its Anti-Mafia Culture
- Local guide
- walking tour
Exclusions for Palermo Small Group Walking Tour: Discover Sicily's Capital City And Its Anti-Mafia Culture
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Comfortable shoes are suggested
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.