Celebrate Palm Sunday in Jerusalem, and attend mass at a church in Bethpage before joining the famous procession along the Via Dolorosa pilgrimage route. Reenacting the famous Passover event when Jesus is said to have entered Jerusalem by donkey, the procession takes place yearly, and draws colorful crowds of Christian locals and pilgrims from all over the world. Walk from the Mount of Olives through Kidron Valley and into Jerusalems Old City, passing must-see biblical landmarks such as the Garden of Gethsemane, Lions Gate and more.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Know More about this tourAn important date in the Catholic calendar, Palm Sunday celebrates the Passover day — many thousands of years ago — when Galilean pilgrims were believed to have gathered to meet Jesus, the local preacher and miracle maker. According to biblical legend, crowds of Jesus’ followers gathered at Bethpage on the Mount of Olives to meet their revered hero.
After leaving your Jerusalem hotel, travel to Bethpage by coach and head inside the church to attend the Palm Sunday mass. Once mass is finished, join the thousands of pilgrims and local Christians on the streets outside to follow the annual Palm Sunday procession from Bethpage along the Via Dolorosa pilgrimage route.
Walk in Jesus’ footsteps, seeing the ground where worshipers were said to have laid garments and olive branches, as you stroll down from the sunny Mount of Olives. The procession is a real spectacle in Jerusalem, and upbeat hymns, prayers and joyful cries of ‘Hosana’ resonate through the crowds.
Pass the Chapel of Ascension, where Jesus is believed to have ascended into heaven, and see the eye-catching Dominus Flevit Church set against the walls of Jerusalem’s Old City. Descend into Kidron Valley, admire the famous Garden of Gethsemane, and then enter the Old City itself via Lion’s Gate (also known as St Stephen’s Gate).
Head inside the Church of St Anne, where the procession draws to a close, and then enjoy a final visit to the Pool of Bethesda, a nearby landmark described in the Gospel of St John. Return to your coach after visiting the Pool of Bethesda, and then finish your Palm Sunday experience with a hotel drop-off.
Please note: although no time set aside for lunch on this experience, the route of the procession passes several small shops these may be very busy, it is recommended you bring a snack and drinks with you.
Inclusions for Palm Sunday In Jerusalem: Mass At Bethpage And Via Dolorosa Procession
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
Exclusions for Palm Sunday In Jerusalem: Mass At Bethpage And Via Dolorosa Procession
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is required
Hotel pickup is available from Jerusalem Gate, Grand Court, David's Citadel and Dan Boutique
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Small Group Jerusalem Old City Walking Tour
- Tour Of Masada-Dead Sea And Qumran From Jerusalem
- Beyond The Walls Of Jerusalem Walking Tour Including Market Visit And Food Tastings
- Private Guide: 2-Day Walking Tour Of Old City And New City Jerusalem
- Private Tour : Israel Museum With Art History And Culture Combined
- Private Tour : Tower Of David And Jerusalem Old City Quarters
- Private Tour: Customized Israel Adventure From Jerusalem Tel Aviv Or Haifa
- Jerusalem Private Guide Half Day Tour
- Bethlehem Private Guide Half Day Tour From Jerusalem
- Masada Sunrise, Ein Gedi And Dead Sea Trip From Jerusalem