Pamukkale And Hierapolis - Izmir
OverviewSuccumb to the spectacular sight of Pamukkale - a unique natural wonder with dazzling white petrified lime cascades. At the ancient city of Hierapolis explore its Theater, a 2nd century AD building in Roman style. You'll also see the exceptional Necropolis, the largest ancient cemetery in Anatolia.
Know More about this tourIn the morning you will leave Izmir behind and drive to Pamukkale. This amazing place is a beautiful and spectacular natural site, unique in the world with its fairylike, dazzling white, petrified lime cascades. There you will see the thermal spring water laden with calcareous salt, plunging down the mountain side which has created this natural formation of stalactites, cataracts and basins. The thermal water has been used since the Roman period for its therapeutic powers.
Next you will visit the Roman city of Hierapolis, which is not located not on earth or rock, but on solid limestone layers formed by limestone water that flowed for centuries over this raised level plateau. The name means "sacred city", and according to Stephanus of Byzantium the city was given this name because of the large number of temples it contained.
While here you will visit the Apollo Temple competing with Delphi, Monumental Nympheum (a 4th century Basicala) and the Theatre. After visiting the best preserved Necropolis, return to Izmir.
Inclusions for Pamukkale And Hierapolis
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Pamukkale And Hierapolis
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ephesus and St. Mary's House Day Trip from Izmir
- Biblical Ephesus, Mother Mary House, St John Basilica and Temple of Artemis Tour from Izmir with Private Guide
- Full-Day Ephesus Tour from Izmir
- Private Ephesus Tours from Izmir Port
- Seven Churches of Revelation Trip
- Shuttle to Ephesus from Kusadasi Cruise Port and Hotels or Selcuk Hotels