Panama City And Panama Canal TourWrite a Review
OverviewVisit Panama City's most beautiful tourist spots: Casco Antiguo, a renovated area with 500 year old structures and ruins with beautiful shops and restaurants; Ancon Hill where you can purchase art, jewelry and handcrafts from natives; Amador Causeway with its wonderful view of the beaches and skylines and the Miraflores Locks, the entry point to the spectacular Panama Canal.
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tour
Panama city was founded on August 15, 1519 and on January 1671, the Governor Juan Perez de Guzman set the city on fire, before the attack and looting by the pirate Henry Morgan. In 1672, Antonio Fernández de Córdoba initiated the construction of a new city, today known as the Casco Antiguo (Spanish for Old Quarters), whose other names are Casco Viejo or San Felipe, in the historic district of Panama City. Founded on January 21, 1673 and built following the near-total destruction of the original Panama city, Panamá Viejo (Spanish for Old Panama) in 1671, when the latter was attacked by pirates. This new city was built on a peninsula completely isolated by the sea and a defensive system of walls. Designated a World Heritage Site in 1997. there will be the opportunities to shop in the town square for just about any art, craft, jewelry, clothing or shoes imaginable. There are also many restaurants, bakeries and stores to choose from. Among it's main sights are:
Las Bovedas, Original town square, now French Plaza for France's role in building the Panama Canal.
La Catedral Metropolitana is the main Catholic temple in Panama city.
El Palacio de las Garzas, is the governmental office and residence of the President of Panama.
Church and Convent of Saint Francis of Assisi
National Theatre of Panama
Panama Canal Museum
If available, there could be a visit Ancon Hill, which would allows for a 360 degree perspective of the Panama City skyline. Located at the foot of the mountain it is named after is Mi Pueblito, an area created for tourist to purchase handcrafts made by native Indians.
A visit to Amador Causeway would be in order; there you'll find a convention center, a museum, foot trails, bicycle rentals, the beach, Hop on Hop Off Bus tour arrivals and departures, restaurants and more shopping. The final destination is Miraflores Locks at the entrance to the amazing Panama Canal, where there is historical information, simulators on how the Panama Canal works, restaurants, bakeries, souvenir shops and the opportunity to see a ship in transit while there.
This tour is now 5 hours long to allow for eventualities such heavy traffic and rain. Our goal is to make your visit to the beautiful Panama City memorable and a great experience.
Inclusions for Panama City And Panama Canal Tour
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Panama City And Panama Canal Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operated by a bilingual or multi-lingual guide
Maximum is 4 people per booking.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.