Panama City Museums Tour
OverviewLearn about the history and culture of Panama city of a half-day guided tour of some of its best museums. Visit the Religious Colonial Art Museum, Panama Interoceanic Canal Museum, the Afro-Antillian Museum and the History Museum. There's truly no better way to learn so much!
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourThe tour starts with hotel pickup at approximately 9:30am. Head first to the Panama Interoceanic Canal Museum, which established in 1997, is devoted to the history of the construction of the Panama Canal. Learn about the canal's various construction stages, including the first French construction attempt, the later construction by the United States, and the eventual transfer to Panamanian control. The current building dates from 1874 and served originally as the headquarters of both the French and U.S. companies engaged in the construction of the canal.
Then, it's off to the History Museum to examine documents, artifacts, paintings and sculptures related to Panama's rich history.
Afterwards, head to the Religious Colonial Art Museum, situated next to the ruins of the Santo Domingo Church and the Flat Arch (Arco Chato). This art museum, which is small in size, displays a collection of colonial-era religious artifacts that include 16th and 17th century Spanish works that survived the sacking of the Panama Viejo pirates.
After this last stop, you will be return to your hotel.
Inclusions for Panama City Museums Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (city center hotels only)
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Panama City Museums Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (outer city hotels)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please Note: This service is just for hotels located in the city. We can still pick you up, it will have an extra charge, that has to be paid on the day of travel.
You Might Also Like
- Transfer Tocumen International Airport - Coronado or Gorgona Beach 1-3 people
- Panama layover City tour - Conecting tour
- Panama City and Canal Experience
- All Inclusive Pearl Islands Catamaran Excursion
- Biomuseo Admission Ticket With Access to Permanent Exhibitions, Temporary Exhibitions and Botanical Park
- Embera Tour
- Transfer from Hotel Panama City (City limits) to Tocumen International Airport
- Sunset Catamaran Cruise from Panama City