Panama City Tour And The Canal
OverviewImagine the tales of Gallantry and Piracy that played out in the narrow streets of Colonial Panama known as the Casco Antiguo. This scenic, get acquainted, excursion will drive through the streets of 'Colonial Panama', founded in 1673 by French colonists.
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Editor's Pick
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThe day will start with an 8:00 am Pick up at your Hotel. Imagine the tales of Gallantry and Piracy that played out in the narrow streets of Colonial Panama known as the Casco Antiguo. This scenic, get acquainted, excursion will drive through the streets of 'Colonial Panama', founded in 1673 by French colonists. Over the next 200 years the city experienced many changes. You will notice the influences through the changes in architecture, representing a wonderful blend of French, Spanish and Italian styles. The ruins of the churches and convents, colonial palaces, bridges and military buildings attest to the grandiose past of this city. A brief stop in the old center will be made for an encounter with Panama History.
After your visit to the French Quarter, your next stop will be the Miraflores Locks, take this opportunity to pause and view the gargantuan ships that make their way through the Panama Canal and visit the four exhibition halls, organized by themes that constitute the heart of the Miraflores Visitors Center.
The return route will take you past the former Panama Canal Zone where the military installations of the American administration are a gentle reminder of the strategic importance of the area. Today the former Zone is very much intact and is like a photographic image of what the days of the American Administration once were.
Then, it is back to the ship, filled with knowledge and history making your stay in Panama far more interesting.
Inclusions for Panama City Tour And The Canal
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Panama City Tour And The Canal
- Food and drinks
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Infant meals not included
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Day Trip to Anton Valley: Hiking, Hot Springs and Nispero Zoo
- Panama City Private Departure Transfer
- Sir Francis Drake Island Full-Day Scuba Diving Adventure
- Soberania National Park Day Trip from Panama City
- Parque Natural Metropolitano and Ancon Hill Tour from Panama City
- Metropolitan Natural Park Tour in Panama City
- Mi Pueblito and Ancon Hill Tour in Panam City
- Embera Reserve Tour from Panam City