Panoramic Tokyo Day Tour - Meiji Shrine, Asakusa Temple And Tokyo Bay Cruise
OverviewDiscover the highlights of Tokyo on a full-day guided tour, the perfect introduction to the city. Visit Meiji Shrine, Japan's most famous Shinto shrine, stroll the gardens of the Imperial Palace, and spend time at Asakusa Kannon Temple (Senso-ji), Tokyo’s oldest Buddhist temple. See shopping areas like Nakamise Shopping Street and the Ginza district, then enjoy a boat cruise on Tokyo Bay. Your experienced guide shares the history and culture of Tokyo as you explore the ancient and modern aspects of this bustling city.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourAfter morning pickup from selected hotels, travel by comfortable coach to the Meiji Shrine, which was dedicated to the Emperor and Empress in 1926. Hear from your guide why the Meiji Shrine is Tokyos most popular and important Shinto shrine while you stroll around the buildings and gardens.
Return to the coach and drive past the towering Japanese House of Parliament en route to the Imperial Palace East Garden. Located outside the Imperial Palace on the grounds of a former Edo-era castle, the expansive grounds contain a tea pavilion, traditional Japanese garden, a moat and stone walls.
Next, walk along Nakamise Shopping Street, a colorful promenade lined with food stands and souvenir shops that leads up to Tokyo's oldest and most significant Buddhist temple, Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji). Your guide takes you through the market to tour the magnificent architecture, shrines, and Japanese gardens around the temple.
Leave Asakusa Kannon Temple and drive by the celebrated Ginza shopping district with its eye-popping neon lights, department stores and giant theaters. Then sit down for a Western-style lunch at Pastel-Tei restaurant, which overlooks Hamarikyu Garden, Tokyos only surviving seaside garden from the Edo period. (In 2017, you'll head to Yurakucho to join a traditional Japanese dance activity before enjoying a lunch buffet.)
When you finish your meal, board a large boat for a 1-hour cruise around Tokyo Bay. Snap photos of Tokyos skyline and iconic sights such as Rainbow Bridge. At the end of your cruise, check out the futuristic waterfront shopping district called Aqua City Odaiba. Keep an eye out for architectural fancies in this area, including the Fuji TC Building, Tokyo Big Sight, and Telecom Center.
Your tour ends at Tokyo Station as you make your own way to your hotel.
Please note: On Mondays, Fridays and other days when the Imperial Palace East Garden is closed, you will visit Imperial Palace Plaza instead.
Inclusions for Panoramic Tokyo Day Tour - Meiji Shrine, Asakusa Temple And Tokyo Bay Cruise
- Tokyo Bay cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (select hotels in Tokyo only)
Exclusions for Panoramic Tokyo Day Tour - Meiji Shrine, Asakusa Temple And Tokyo Bay Cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat; no meal will be provided
Please note hotel pickup is available from select hotels in Tokyo. No customized pickup location available. Please select a hotel/location from the drop-down list at checkout
Hotel pickup at New Sanno is only offered for guests of the New Sanno Hotel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 21-Day Japan Rail Pass Including Shipping Fee
- Tsukiji Fish Market Walking Tour and Japanese Washoku Cooking Lesson in Tokyo
- 1-Day Mt Fuji Bus Tour and Fuji Airways 4D Experience
- Private Custom Shopping Tour with a Geisha
- Private Harajuku Omotesando Architecture Walking Tour
- Private Tour: 4-Day Best of Tokyo and Kyoto Including Tsukiji Market, Gion and Fushimi Inari Shrine