7:30 pick you up at your hotel.
Drive all the way to Leshan(150km,2 hours).We will stop on half way for a nice walk around a tea farm.
10:30 Arrive in Leshan.Take a boat trip to see the Giant Buddha on the river(20 minutes)
11:00-14:00 climb up the hill, visit Lingyun Temple and the tower behind it before having a bird's-eye-view of the Buddha.Try the vegetarian food for lunch.Then walk down to the Buddha's feet by the plank. Afterwards, we will continue to see the Mahao Cave Tombs(2000 years old) and Wuyou Temple with stunning 500 Arhats statues.
14:30 Return to Chengdu, and drop you off at your hotel at approximately 17:00.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Instant Confirmation
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Duration: 10 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Return Details :
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
The Leshan Giant Buddha was built during the Tang Dynasty (618-907AD). It is carved out of a cliff located at the confluence of three rivers. It is the largest stone Buddha in the world and it is by far the tallest pre-modern statue in the world.However, most tourist group view the Giant Buddha either by foot or by boat, or some travel agencies simply put the both together. They miss out the Mahao Cliff Tomb and Wuyou Temple, both of which have exquisit relieves and buddhist paintings.It takes 20 minutes to see the full view of the Giant Buddha and his two guards by boat, while 1. 5-2 hours by climbing up and down to enjoy the Buddha by close distance. However, I'd like you to spend extra 1. 5-2 hours to see the exquisit Cliff Tomb and Buddhist paintings, which is out of the regular tourist routes.
Know More about this tour
7:30 pick you up at your hotel.
- 1.a proper-sized vehicle with its fuel,toll and parking fees
2.an English-speaking guide,or any other language as indicated,e.g. .
3.food allowance for both the driver and the guide
4.bottled drinking water
Note:Sometimes we provide an foreign language-speaking driver-guide for a group of 1 to 3 people,but the service standard remains the same.
- 1.Entrance fees.The boat trip to the Giant Buddha(CNY70 per person,no discount for either the students or seniors);The walking route of Giant BuddhaCNY90 per person.Half price is available for the students and the seniors between 60 and 69 years old.People over 70 years enjoy free entrance.
- 2.Lunch(a vegetarian buffet is an option for purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible to the hill,but those ones on the wheelchair can take the boat trip by the assistance of the guide
Boat trip may be cancelled in the flooding season between July and September.
You Might Also Like
- Xi'an in One Day: Terracotta Warriors, City Wall Day Trip from Chengdu by Air
- Private Day Trip: Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding and Leshan Grand Buddha
- Private Day Tour: Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Center and Leshan Giant Buddha
- Chengdu Highlights Private Day Tour of The Panda Breeding Center and Leshan Giant Buddha
- Private Bamboo Bicycle Tour in Chengdu
- Qingcheng Mountain and Dujiangyan Irrigation System Day Trip from Chengdu
- Private Chengdu City Sightseeing Tour of Qingyang Palace, Wuhou Temple and Jinli Street
- 1-Day Panda Breeding Center Plus Chengdu City Tour