Papyrus Manufacturing Tour And Learn Papyrus Making In Egypt - Cairo
OverviewPapyrus Institute Papyrus is an important part of Egypts history. The raw material used to make this ancient paper comes from the stalk of the Cyperus papyrus plant,which has a brittle interior and a tough exterior and grows in damp regions of the Nile Delta. Its method of production was a well-kept secret for many years, allowing the ancient Egyptians to have a monopoly over its production and distribution.The Papyrus Institute is a government-approved museum and shop not far from the Pyramids in Giza, where visitors can browse and buy a huge selection of hand-painted papyrus prints. Prices range from the cheap to the very expensive, but bear in mind that these prints are the authentic article and make for some quality souvenirs.Staff at the Papyrus Institute talk visitors through the entire process of manufacturing papyrus, including a demonstration of exactly how it is made.
Know More about this tourAs Per Requested time pickup from your location in Cairo by our representative and transfer to Giza area to visit one of The biggest Governmental Papyrus Institute in Egypt and it's sponsored shop near the Pyramids where you can see a demonstration of howpapyrus- the ancient type of paper - is made, and choose from an enormous selection of hand-painted papyrus sheets. Prices range in all hands from 5 $ up to 150 $ after you finish you will be dropped back to your Hotel in Cairo
What is the Papyrus?
The English word papyrus is derived via Latin, from the Greek, papuros. The Arabic word is Bardy or also Warak Bardy meaning Papyrus paper.
It is often claimed that Egyptians referred topapyrusas pa-per-aa, literary meaning, that which is of Pharaoh, apparently indicating that the Egyptian crown owned a monopoly on papyrus production, though no actual ancient text using this term is known.
Papyruswas very important to the ancient Egyptians as it helped transform Egyptian society in many ways. Once the technology of papyrus making was developed, its method of production was a closely guarded secret allowing the Egyptians to have a monopoly on it as it became the lifeblood for ancient Egypt. It was even exported to many locations in the ancient world. The raw material of papyrus paper comes from the plant Cyperus papyrus, a long stemmed plant that grows in damp regions of the Nile Delta in Egypt.
Inclusions for Papyrus Manufacturing Tour And Learn Papyrus Making In Egypt
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Papyrus Manufacturing Tour And Learn Papyrus Making In Egypt
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Discover Alexandria: Day Tour from Cairo to Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa Pompeys Pillar National Museum and Montaza Gardens with Lunch
- Amazing Alexandria Trip From Cairo
- Discover Cairo: Pyramids of Giza Memphis and Sakkara including Lunch
- Discover Cairo: Egyptian Museum, Saladin Citadel, Khan El Khalili Bazaar Including Lunch
- Discover Cairo: Giza Pyramids and Egyptian Museum including lunch
- Discover Cairo: Old Capital of Memphis and Step Pyramid of Sakkara Private Guided Tour
- Discover Cairo: Coptic Islamic Tour, Christian Churches and Babylon Fortress
- Discover Cairo: Pyramids Of Giza And The Sphinx Short Trip